Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2019 F250 Doors Rattling

Old 06-06-2019, 07:47 AM
BrentSp
New User
BrentSp is starting off with a positive reputation.
2019 F250 Doors Rattling

My driver side front and rear doors rattle over even small bumps. The truck is brand new and it is driving me crazy. Ford replaced an entire door panel but that was not the problem. I put electrical tape around the striker plates on both doors and the rattles went away.
I showed the service people at ford this and they tried to adjust the position of the striker plate with no luck. Ford said they would enter this problem into some database and get back to me. This truck is brand new! I have not even driven it off road yet! The electrical tape will not last..... I'm looking for a permanent fix. Am I the only one experiencing this problem?

Old 06-06-2019, 10:32 AM
wicked 2018
Elder User
wicked 2018 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Many of us have experienced this - and what you did (tape on striker) is the best solution unfortunately

Old 06-06-2019, 11:10 AM
ForCal
Senior User
ForCal is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I have not experienced this yet, surprising since door alignment isnt the best. Hopefully I won't have to deal with that, it would drive me crazy. So far I just have an annoying cracking sound in my left ear while driving. Like some plastic trim near the seatbelt or something, haven't figured it out yet. I'm really surprised they would change out the entire door panel without even verifying that was the problem, and it wasnt.

Old 06-06-2019, 11:11 AM
Crabbman P
Senior User
Crabbman P is starting off with a positive reputation.
Tape stopped my left rear door from rattling. I let them know about it in the quality survey.

Old 06-06-2019, 03:01 PM
VA13FX4
Elder User
VA13FX4 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I had the issue since new. Two dealers couldnít figure it out. Third took it to the body shop and they adjusted the doors slightly, pulling the middle and top of the side with the handle inward. No more rattle. I immediately noticed the difference in door alignment along the top edge of the door though. Instead of being flush with the body itís sucked in about 1/4 inch.

Old 06-06-2019, 06:58 PM
brandontolentino
Senior User
brandontolentino is starting off with a positive reputation.

If been told the updated F150 strikers fix this on the super dutyís, but havenít confirmed this myself...

Old 06-07-2019, 04:56 AM
BrentSp
New User
Thank you brandontolentino

Old 06-07-2019, 06:49 AM
20fordmastertech18
Junior User
20fordmastertech18 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Double check your door seals. Make sure they are pushed on to the body lip all the way. Specifically near the mirrors. Both my front doors were rattling as well on mine and I found the seals where rubbing on the trim piece that covers the mirror bolts from the inside.

Old 06-12-2019, 08:06 PM
BrentSp
New User
Ford is dragging their feet on this issue

Old 06-12-2019, 08:10 PM
RubyLariat
Freshman User
RubyLariat is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by ForCal View Post
I have not experienced this yet, surprising since door alignment isnt the best. Hopefully I won't have to deal with that, it would drive me crazy. So far I just have an annoying cracking sound in my left ear while driving. Like some plastic trim near the seatbelt or something, haven't figured it out yet. I'm really surprised they would change out the entire door panel without even verifying that was the problem, and it wasnt.
Mine just started the cracking noise too. I only seem to hear it at lower speeds but canít seem to find where itís coming from.

Old 06-12-2019, 08:17 PM
JSolve
Junior User
JSolve is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by RubyLariat View Post
Mine just started the cracking noise too. I only seem to hear it at lower speeds but canít seem to find where itís coming from.
Had the similar issue with mine. Brought it to dealer who removed and replaced the door panels; tapping was gone.

Old 06-12-2019, 11:33 PM
airmissle
New User
airmissle is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by brandontolentino View Post

If been told the updated F150 strikers fix this on the super dutyís, but havenít confirmed this myself...

The part number in the picture is for 2014 and older F150s(old body style). Do you have the updated part number?

Old 06-13-2019, 12:11 AM
ForCal
Senior User
ForCal is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by RubyLariat View Post
If you find the source before I do please post up.

Old 06-13-2019, 07:55 PM
BrentSp
New User
If the sales person said to you "this is the toughest truck on the planet but the doors might RATTLE"...….. Would you buy a FORD?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.