Notices
Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thanks for all the help and guidance

Old 06-06-2019, 07:45 AM
ready4excursions
New User
ready4excursions is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks for all the help and guidance

First, I want to thank everyone for their help and guidance. I've been a long time lurker while looking for my next family vehicle. We have 4 kids, love vacationing outdoors, and have toys that need hauling. So the excursion was a top pick. After looking for over a year, I finally found and purchased our next ride.

Now for the important info. It's a 2000 7.3l with 82k miles. Clean carfax and vin history, 2 previous owners, unmodified and completely stock, rust free (garage kept), and a folder full of regular maintenance and updates. Interior is gorgeous and looks new.

So thanks again for all the help and guidance. I plan on contributing more as I update and upgrade the excursion. For all the other lurkers, take your time. There are still gems out there ready to be saved.

Old 06-06-2019, 08:30 AM
EXSwap
Elder User
EXSwap is a splendid one to beholdEXSwap is a splendid one to beholdEXSwap is a splendid one to beholdEXSwap is a splendid one to beholdEXSwap is a splendid one to beholdEXSwap is a splendid one to beholdEXSwap is a splendid one to behold
Welcome! NICE rig!! And super low miles!! Very well done!

Any big plans for it, or will you keep it mostly stock/current configuration?

Old 06-06-2019, 09:18 AM
PrescottIce
Elder User
PrescottIce has a very good reputation on FTE.PrescottIce has a very good reputation on FTE.PrescottIce has a very good reputation on FTE.PrescottIce has a very good reputation on FTE.
Dang, what a great find!

Old 06-06-2019, 09:24 AM
wildstang
VT Chapter Ldr
wildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by EXSwap View Post

If the price of this falls in line with others of similar descriptions then they probably paid $20000-25000 so probably be a few years to get it paid down before any fun with modding starts LOL

Old 06-06-2019, 03:03 PM
ready4excursions
New User
Originally Posted by EXSwap View Post

I'm going to keep it mostly stock. I already have another 4x4. First mods are a rear sway bar and larger trans cooler. Any other recommendations?

Old 06-06-2019, 03:06 PM
ready4excursions
New User
Originally Posted by PrescottIce View Post
Dang, what a great find!
Thanks. I feel like I've been through a gauntlet trying to find the right one. Flew to Florida to look at one that eventually was a bust. Then found this one 25 miles from my house. Late night find on craigslist and I was the first to respond to him.

Old 06-06-2019, 03:12 PM
ready4excursions
New User
Originally Posted by wildstang View Post
If the price of this falls in line with others of similar descriptions then they probably paid $20000-25000 so probably be a few years to get it paid down before any fun with modding starts LOL
I paid full asking but it was only mid-teens. Feel like I stole it though. Previous owner couldn't park it downtown and wanted to sell it before it got beat up. I agreed with him as I quickly handed him the money.

Old 06-06-2019, 07:26 PM
ArmyLifer
Elder User
ArmyLifer is a splendid one to beholdArmyLifer is a splendid one to beholdArmyLifer is a splendid one to beholdArmyLifer is a splendid one to beholdArmyLifer is a splendid one to beholdArmyLifer is a splendid one to beholdArmyLifer is a splendid one to behold
That’s a steal! I paid about the same with 100k more miles on mine.

Since you have the 7.3, you should introduce yourself over on that sub forum too: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum31/

Congrats on a nice truck!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.