Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Our Vintage Trucks in Vintage Period Correct Scenes thread

Old 05-24-2019, 12:07 PM
abe
Post Fiend
abe has a superb reputationabe has a superb reputationabe has a superb reputationabe has a superb reputationabe has a superb reputationabe has a superb reputationabe has a superb reputationabe has a superb reputationabe has a superb reputationabe has a superb reputationabe has a superb reputation
Our Vintage Trucks in Vintage Period Correct Scenes thread

Jim, 52 Coast Guard Panel, suggested someone start a thread that shows our trucks in front of a vintage looking, period correct background Ike an old bridge, barn, warehouse, factory, or mill, etc.

All start with two pictures of my 54 F100 in front of two bridges near me.

This covered bridge picture was from September 2015

And this one was from last Saturday

Who is next?

Old 05-24-2019, 12:46 PM
casper1999
Elder User
casper1999 has a great reputation on FTE.casper1999 has a great reputation on FTE.casper1999 has a great reputation on FTE.casper1999 has a great reputation on FTE.casper1999 has a great reputation on FTE.
Abe I love e your truck!!! She sure does look good. I've been thinking about this for some time and have a spot in mind but it will take some time to arrange something. I like this idea and hope it catches on.

Old 05-24-2019, 12:46 PM
Mixer man
Journeyman Apprentice
Mixer man has a brilliant futureMixer man has a brilliant futureMixer man has a brilliant futureMixer man has a brilliant futureMixer man has a brilliant futureMixer man has a brilliant futureMixer man has a brilliant futureMixer man has a brilliant futureMixer man has a brilliant futureMixer man has a brilliant futureMixer man has a brilliant future
What a great idea for a thread.

Old 05-24-2019, 01:27 PM
abe
Post Fiend
abe has a superb reputationabe has a superb reputationabe has a superb reputationabe has a superb reputationabe has a superb reputationabe has a superb reputationabe has a superb reputationabe has a superb reputationabe has a superb reputationabe has a superb reputationabe has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Mixer man View Post
What a great idea for a thread.
All the credit goes to Jim.

I think it will catch on.

Old 05-24-2019, 01:43 PM
firstrider
Postmaster
firstrider is a splendid one to beholdfirstrider is a splendid one to beholdfirstrider is a splendid one to beholdfirstrider is a splendid one to beholdfirstrider is a splendid one to beholdfirstrider is a splendid one to beholdfirstrider is a splendid one to behold

First Ride on location for Vintage Truck magazine photo shoot .Call NPD Parts ( 800-874-7595 ) for a free '48 -'79 Ford truck parts catalog . A familiar red '52 F-1 is on the cover .

Old 05-24-2019, 01:53 PM
abe
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by firstrider View Post

First Ride on location for Vintage Truck magazine photo shoot .Call NPD Parts ( 800-874-7595 ) for a free '48 -'79 Ford truck parts catalog . A familiar red '52 F-1 is on the cover .
That's a good one! Thanks for posting.

Old 05-24-2019, 02:35 PM
52 USCG Panel
Posting Guru
52 USCG Panel is a name known to all52 USCG Panel is a name known to all52 USCG Panel is a name known to all52 USCG Panel is a name known to all52 USCG Panel is a name known to all52 USCG Panel is a name known to all
Here is my truck in front of the SS Spartan, a coal fired, steam powered Lake Michigan car ferry. The SS Spartan, along with its sister ship, the SS badger, were built in 1952, the same year as my truck. The Spartan was taken out of service a number of years ago, but the Badger still makes two crossings a day during the Great Lakes navigation season.

In the old days, the ferries carried railroad cars in addition to passengers and vehicles, and ran all winter. They were designed to be able to break ice and to run in any weather. These days, the Badger carries only passengers and cars and trucks. A round trip ticket for a passenger and with a vehicle costs about $125. The Badger is the last ferry of its type in the world to be still in operation. The SS Badger runs between Manitowoc, Wisconsin and Ludington, Michigan.

Jim

Old 05-24-2019, 03:18 PM
merten
Elder User
merten has a very good reputation on FTE.merten has a very good reputation on FTE.merten has a very good reputation on FTE.merten has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by 52 USCG Panel View Post
Here is my truck in front of the SS Spartan, a coal fired, steam powered Lake Michigan car ferry. The SS Spartan, along with its sister ship, the SS badger, were built in 1952, the same year as my truck. The Spartan was taken out of service a number of years ago, but the Badger still makes two crossings a day during the Great Lakes navigation season.

In the old days, the ferries carried railroad cars in addition to passengers and vehicles, and ran all winter. They were designed to be able to break ice and to run in any weather. These days, the Badger carries only passengers and cars and trucks. A round trip ticket for a passenger and with a vehicle costs about $125. The Badger is the last ferry of its type in the world to be still in operation. The SS Badger runs between Manitowoc, Wisconsin and Ludington, Michigan.

Jim
So cool to see this. I was fortunate to have ridden on the sister ship the Badger around 1968 when the ferry service between Milwaukee and Ludington was still available.

Old 05-24-2019, 09:10 PM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.
Awesome idea for a thread!!

Already some great pics being posted! I can't wait to see what else comes up

Bobby

Old 05-24-2019, 09:21 PM
52 USCG Panel
Posting Guru
52 USCG Panel is a name known to all52 USCG Panel is a name known to all52 USCG Panel is a name known to all52 USCG Panel is a name known to all52 USCG Panel is a name known to all52 USCG Panel is a name known to all
There is still ferry service out of Milwaukee. These days the Milwaukee Ferry goes to Muskegon. The ferry is a catamaran type vessel that is fast and expensive. A round trip ticket costs $400 plus. The crossing only takes about 3 hours vs 5 hours for the Badger. I may take the Milwaukee ferry on my way back from Pennsylvania in September, but I'm not sure a picture would qualify for this thread. A catamaran doesn't even look like a boat let alone the Badger--Its kind of like the difference between an F1 and a Mustang.

Jim

Old 05-25-2019, 06:55 AM
ct50f1
Elder User
ct50f1 is a splendid one to beholdct50f1 is a splendid one to beholdct50f1 is a splendid one to beholdct50f1 is a splendid one to beholdct50f1 is a splendid one to beholdct50f1 is a splendid one to beholdct50f1 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by merten View Post
So cool to see this. I was fortunate to have ridden on the sister ship the Badger around 1968 when the ferry service between Milwaukee and Ludington was still available.
We've taken the Badger several times from Ludington to Manitowoc when visiting family in northern Wisconsin. The first time was in 1972 in my '64 Chevy just a couple of months after getting married. We did it again a few years latter with the kids. We got a stateroom thinking the kids could nap while we sailed across the lake but it was so hot and noisy that no-one could sleep.

Old 05-25-2019, 04:47 PM
bobj49f2
Post Fiend
bobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant future
I took this in my front yard today. The barn is a little older than the truck, around 1880.

I'll try to take another tonight when I have the lights on.

Old 05-25-2019, 07:28 PM
abe
Post Fiend
That's a great pose Bob! Looks good.

Old 05-25-2019, 08:29 PM
CHUCK48-50
Senior User
CHUCK48-50 has a good reputation on FTE.CHUCK48-50 has a good reputation on FTE.CHUCK48-50 has a good reputation on FTE.
I took this one of my 1950 F-1 during a magazine photo shoot. I always liked shots that make you wonder what year it was taken.
Chuck

Attached Images
File Type: pdf
MY 1950 F-1.pdf (3.55 MB, 49 views)
Old 05-25-2019, 08:52 PM
bobj49f2
Post Fiend
bobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant future
One from tonight with the barn lights on. I like the glow of the lights.

EDIT: Changed the picture. The one I uploaded last night looked OK on my phone but didn't look so good when I viewed it on my PC.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.