Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks

Lower intake manifold replacement 4.9l I6

Old 05-21-2019, 08:50 PM
catto95
Senior User
catto95 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Lower intake manifold replacement 4.9l I6

My question is, has anyone come across an aftermarket lower intake or full intake manifold? I tear my truck apart... more than I'd like. And every single time the little ear on the back of the lower intake manifold breaks off, apparently this is a common problem. Just did a complete engine rebuild and during assembly it broke off and trust me I was being as careful as possible. Hours of internet searches has brought me nowhere and all the ones at the junkyard are either broken or break when I install them and I'm sick of it. If there's no aftermarket part would a machine shop somewhere be able to make one maybe? There has to be a better way or I'm just gonna sell the rebuilt and drop a 351 in.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.