Notices
1997-2006 Expedition & Navigator 1997 - 2002 and 2003 - 2006 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator Discussion

06 Expedition On Sharp Turns will Stall

Old 05-16-2019, 01:18 AM
therealrift
New User
therealrift is starting off with a positive reputation.
06 Expedition On Sharp Turns will Stall

Bought the Truck back in Nov 18 for 3G's just to be a point A to Point B Vehicle I got my mechanic to fix most problems they could find.

However, this particular problem would happen if I am trying to park into a Tight Space especially if I cut the wheel all the way to the left or Right while reversing and tapping the gas lightly, the lights I would see on the Dash are Check Engine, Battery and Check Gauge and the oil pressure will drop to Zero like its not getting any Oil. In order for me to start the car again I will have to put the car in park Turn the car off and then turn it back on, the crank seems a bit longer when this happens. The stalling does not happen on long drives or short ones. On hot days if I am driving for a while I will see the Check Gauge Light flash for a moment and then back to normal. While reversing when trying to park if the engine does not cut off the engine will shake violently for about 5 secs and then its back to normal.

Could it be the power Steering Pressure switch?

I thought it was just a problem while reversing because that was the instance that it only happened, but now I really don't know Its not random It happens only in those situations.
Will post pictures and video's if requested.

Old 05-16-2019, 03:04 AM
seville009
Postmaster
seville009 has a good reputation on FTE.seville009 has a good reputation on FTE.seville009 has a good reputation on FTE.
Iím no mechanic, but Iíd suspect something related to the power steering pump since itís only happening on tight turns.

Old 05-16-2019, 03:10 AM
therealrift
New User
Originally Posted by seville009 View Post
Iím no mechanic, but Iíd suspect something related to the power steering pump since itís only happening on tight turns.
Ok, thats a start, I was thinking along the electrical mind that there was a short in the steering column could just be a thought.

Adding to my original post from my memory, I started the Truck and turned the wheels as far as I could Left and right and would hear a decompression sound on both sides I wonder if that means anything?

Old 05-16-2019, 09:22 AM
alloro
Post Fiend
alloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud of
Can you see if there are any portions of any wiring harness anywhere near any of the steering linkages that might be getting pinched?

Old 05-16-2019, 12:12 PM
therealrift
New User
Originally Posted by alloro View Post
Can you see if there are any portions of any wiring harness anywhere near any of the steering linkages that might be getting pinched?
What does that require for me to take off to allow me to see this?

Ran into a person at my local market who had a similar problem he pointed me in the direction of a power steering problem like i said earlier i hear a sounds like a decompression or a light grind. ill try and get a video

Old 05-17-2019, 09:24 AM
alloro
Post Fiend
alloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by therealrift View Post
What does that require for me to take off to allow me to see this?
Nothing, you just crawl under the truck with a flashlight and look.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.