Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > Modular V8 (4.6L, 5.4L)
Reload this Page >

First rebuild* 5.4l 99' f150...dowel pin? leaking water from head...face palm!

Notices

Old 05-15-2019, 09:26 AM
Tiffany Bernards
New User
Tiffany Bernards is starting off with a positive reputation.

im needing help with my truck , 99' f150 5.4 .. just did my first top end new gaskets , timing chain , water pump , painted air plenum... got all done back together and water leaks from head... was missing a dowel pin so i made one.. face palm... i cant find this part anywhere...are there alternitive options or ?

Old 05-15-2019, 09:50 AM
alloro
Post Fiend
alloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud of
Where from the head, the head gasket, a freeze plug, or a crack?
Was your dowel perhaps too long and won't allow the head to clamp down all the way to the block?

Old 05-18-2019, 09:58 PM
Tiffany Bernards
New User
Tiffany Bernards is starting off with a positive reputation.

it was leaking as fast as i put it in from the head and block , front drivers side .. i did however find the dowel pin in the old head gasket.. im currently disassembeling everything now .. at least i know what goes where now haha! ill post pictures of the motor when i bought it to my face palm moment just before i take it all back out ! it was covered with dirt and oil 2'' thick.

Old 05-19-2019, 10:57 AM
JWA
Post Fiend
JWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputation
Its not much consolation at this point Tiffany but we've all been there, done that---we brave souls will admit doing things far worse.

We learn by doing--------you're on you way to being a genius like the rest of us here!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.