Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > 2017+ Super Duty
Reload this Page >

Carli "Commuter" Suspension review/feedback?

Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Old 05-15-2019, 08:55 AM
fortheford
Junior User
fortheford is starting off with a positive reputation.

Hi - my '19 F-250 6.7 is my daily driver and pavement surface only. My wife hates the "roll/bounce" of the truck. Since I've no interest in a body lift and I know full well I won't be doing anything off road, I was looking at the Carly commuter kit along with swapping out the OEM tires to a 35" (on 18" wheel). Just looking for anyone who has done the Carli commuter suspension and if you or passengers really found it to be a worthy upgrade, as opposed to just doing a simple shock upgrade from the OEMs and keeping everything else stock.

Thanks!

Old 05-15-2019, 10:49 AM
Tricon
Postmaster
Tricon has a very good reputation on FTE.Tricon has a very good reputation on FTE.Tricon has a very good reputation on FTE.
The Commuter package is probably the best riding suspension upgrade you can do for pavement only trucks. If you REALLY want a nice ride, get the full deaver springs in the back. Talk about buttery smooth concrete freeways. Only problem with them is you lose a few hundred pounds of your payload with them.

Old 05-15-2019, 03:44 PM
Sagnasty
Junior User
Sagnasty is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thumbs up

Just my 2 cents OP so take it for that . It's an over priced leveling kit for what you are trying to accomplish. I would certainly try 18" wheels and quality shocks before putting down that much coin. The factory shocks on these trucks are complete garbage and you can get a much better ride by upgrading. At the end of the day though, its a 3/4 ton truck, not a Cadillac.

Old 05-15-2019, 08:10 PM
christo103
New User
christo103 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I've had mine for about a year now and have no complaints. Ride was a little stiff at first, but softened up over time.
Rolling on 37's

Old 05-15-2019, 08:52 PM
Loonis
New User
Loonis is starting off with a positive reputation.
Sorry, but the Carli commuter to me is worth every penny. I have a 2 month old 6.7 250, pavement use only. But wanted it to be "my" truck which included 22" wheels, 35x12.5 and it had to be leveled, but I didn't want to loose the ride. I looked at just about everything offered from spacer kits to full on suspension kits. I decided on the Carli because of the engineering of each aspect of the setup, front coils designed to level the truck while maintaining the ride and load ratings. The Carli kit is at the high end price wise but it includes everything, coils, matched shocks, front and back, track bar, brake line extensions. I lost a bit in the ride after I changed wheels and tires, but I added the Carli kits 2wks later and my ride now is every bit as good as before if not better.

Old 05-17-2019, 02:54 PM
brainofjjj
Junior User
brainofjjj is starting off with a positive reputation.
Like Loonis said, worth every penny. I'm in 17" wheels too and it's night and day vs. stock.

Old 05-17-2019, 03:27 PM
Loonis
New User
Loonis is starting off with a positive reputation.
Lower the tire pressure and it will ride better than a Cadillac.

Old 05-17-2019, 09:44 PM
fortheford
Junior User
fortheford is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks for the comments. Understood on all fronts, and already on 18" wheels. This was more about making the ride a bit more comfortable for others. As the driver I'm perfectly happy w/every bounce

Old Today, 07:30 PM
brentadams646
Senior User
brentadams646 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Worth every penny as others have mentioned. Mods in signature. I can get you pricing for the 2.5 and 4.5 kits, and would be happy to answer any questions you have.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.