Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks

91 F250 electrical manual

Old 05-14-2019, 01:09 AM
moroza
Senior User
moroza is starting off with a positive reputation.
91 F250 electrical manual

Finally got my 1991 F250 diesel running, but there's a meaningful drain via a large black/yellow wire that disappears into the harness, and I'm having no luck finding wiring diagrams online. Been searching for two hours, found a lot of SEO-ed junk sites, plus one 1992 Ford service software thing that I couldn't get installed even on Windows XP. Can anyone please point me to a source (or kindly send me a copy of theirs)?

Old 05-14-2019, 06:54 AM
jas88
Post Fiend
jas88 has a great reputation on FTE.jas88 has a great reputation on FTE.jas88 has a great reputation on FTE.jas88 has a great reputation on FTE.jas88 has a great reputation on FTE.
Look for an EVTM for your truck on eBay.

Old 05-14-2019, 02:21 PM
sandymane
Posting Guru
sandymane is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.sandymane is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I have the 91 f250 shop manual on disk. I am clueless about electrical. If you show me a picture where the wire is located I will try to find it for you. The manual does not refer to color code wires. The difference I noticed for the diesel is whether you have the E4OD or one without as they are separated. Any other help you can offer may help me also. I can't copy pages from the disk. Sandy

Old 05-14-2019, 11:50 PM
TobyB
Senior User
TobyB is starting off with a positive reputation.
Problem is, the electrical diagrams are published separately, long out of print, and loose- bound. A set showed up for me from eBay
yesterday- missing the pickup diagrams! The seller was very nice about it, but I still don't know which pin is which.

t

Old 05-15-2019, 10:25 AM
moroza
Senior User
Ee-vee-tee-em, you say? Thanks, adding that four-letter word to my vocabulary seems to get me warmer links on ye olde Google. Found it for an '86 here and on the hunt for a 1991.

Sandy, thanks for the offer, but going back and forth about what wire goes where seems impractical. That said... our trucks have two batteries. Off the starboard one (left side as you open the hood) is a thinner (8ga?) wire going to a post the starter relay. Also on that post are a half-dozen other connections, one of which is two black wires that merge into one black/yellow (black/orange?). I need to know where that wire goes and what it feeds. I'm good with electrics and would be happy to help you and anyone else, but without proper diagrams it's like assembling a jigsaw puzzle in the dark. My rig is the same as yours except 4wd manual instead of 2wd auto.

Old 05-15-2019, 11:48 AM
sandymane
Posting Guru
sandymane is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.sandymane is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by moroza View Post
Ee-vee-tee-em, you say? Thanks, adding that four-letter word to my vocabulary seems to get me warmer links on ye olde Google. Found it for an '86 here and on the hunt for a 1991.

Sandy, thanks for the offer, but going back and forth about what wire goes where seems impractical. That said... our trucks have two batteries. Off the starboard one (left side as you open the hood) is a thinner (8ga?) wire going to a post the starter relay. Also on that post are a half-dozen other connections, one of which is two black wires that merge into one black/yellow (black/orange?). I need to know where that wire goes and what it feeds. I'm good with electrics and would be happy to help you and anyone else, but without proper diagrams it's like assembling a jigsaw puzzle in the dark. My rig is the same as yours except 4wd manual instead of 2wd auto.
I tried finding the wires you are talking about with no luck. I would imagine the info you need is in the disc but I am of no help . My only suggestion is order a disc from Ebay for our 91's. Mine was 25 bucks shipped. It is the Ford factory manual so it should be of benefit to you. Sorry about my lack of electrical experience. Sandy

Old 05-15-2019, 12:55 PM
subford
Post Fiend
subford has much to be proud ofsubford has much to be proud ofsubford has much to be proud ofsubford has much to be proud ofsubford has much to be proud ofsubford has much to be proud ofsubford has much to be proud ofsubford has much to be proud ofsubford has much to be proud ofsubford has much to be proud of
I think the 1990 and the 1991 are very close to the same wiring.
Here are four images from the 1990 EVTM.

/

Old 05-15-2019, 01:15 PM
sandymane
Posting Guru
subford, thanks for helping this gentleman. Man I hate not knowing about electrical but it's a little late in life for me to pick it up. All I can do is follow good directions from guys like you that have the patience to hold my hand. Sandy

Old 05-15-2019, 02:43 PM
moroza
Senior User
Aha, thank you! The wire in question is the D triangle, feeding a few fuses for the cig lighter and other circuits. I unplugged it and my glowplugs work fine, so it's not the other BK/OR. Still, it'd be handy to have the whole manual, because now I need to see 12-10, 12-11, and 44-1. Any way I could get an ISO (or PDF, or any non-proprietary format) of that?

Old 05-15-2019, 04:51 PM
Ddaybc
Elder User
Ddaybc is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks to Subford I was able to order the electrical and vacuum troubleshooting manual for my truck. I also ordered the Ford service manuals on CD. I got them from Faxon Auto Literature. They seem to have listings for our trucks and the price is good.

Old 05-15-2019, 05:09 PM
subford
Post Fiend
subford has much to be proud ofsubford has much to be proud ofsubford has much to be proud ofsubford has much to be proud ofsubford has much to be proud ofsubford has much to be proud ofsubford has much to be proud ofsubford has much to be proud ofsubford has much to be proud ofsubford has much to be proud of
Here are those.

/

Old 05-16-2019, 05:06 PM
moroza
Senior User
Thanks, but the first two are automatic and gasser... I have manual and diesel. Still, I'll look at the turn flasher... after I wash off the gallons of crud from the oil cooler I'm halfway through replacing.

Old 05-17-2019, 06:31 AM
oldproudvet
Senior User
oldproudvet is starting off with a positive reputation.
Factory shop and electrical vacuum books (you need all 3) are available at Helm.com (original publisher). Larry

Old 05-17-2019, 12:54 PM
TobyB
Senior User
TobyB is starting off with a positive reputation.
No longer.

Helm.com now takes you somewhere that promises to connect end2end.

Which actually (threadjack) answers a question I've long had: if my supervisors can't
find their rears to save their lives, how do they manage to so accurately store their heads up there?
Now I know- there's a website for that!

hee!

(/threadjack)

t

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.