Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Universal Garage Door Opener/Visor

Old 05-13-2019, 07:51 PM
outlawtele
New User
outlawtele is starting off with a positive reputation.
Universal Garage Door Opener/Visor

Hey Folks! Quick question...I'm waiting on my special order F-350 XLT to arrive. I'm 10 weeks in and Ford still shows over two more weeks till delivery. I'm jealous of you who have gotten them much quicker! Anyway, I'm planning on ordering the drivers sun visor with the homelink garage door opener. I know it's plug and play if you've already got the power connector coming out of the headliner for the lighted mirror but I'm not sure if the XLT comes standard with that connector an/or lighted mirror or not? If anybody can answer for sure, I'll go ahead and order it beforehand. I can add it to my stack of accessories I already have ready to go.....lol! The wait is excruciating! Thanks in advance!

Old 05-14-2019, 01:11 PM
F350MS38RSSA
New User
F350MS38RSSA is starting off with a positive reputation.
So are u saying that if I have a lighted visor, that I can order the visor with the opener on it?

Old 05-14-2019, 03:45 PM
outlawtele
New User
Based on the info from another thread...yes, it's plug and play. I'm just trying to figure out if the XLT comes standard with the lighted visor or at least the plug is already there for the upgrade. I'd like to order the visor before my truck gets here.

Old 05-14-2019, 06:40 PM
18SD_Lariat
Senior User
18SD_Lariat is starting off with a positive reputation.
It is plug and play. I ordered it and installed it in minutes.

Old 05-14-2019, 08:50 PM
nisbitch
New User
nisbitch is starting off with a positive reputation.
Sounds useful. I hate having to carry the additional clicker. Does anyone have a part # for this?

Old 05-14-2019, 08:55 PM
atkinjr
Senior User
atkinjr is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by outlawtele View Post
Based on the info from another thread...yes, it's plug and play. I'm just trying to figure out if the XLT comes standard with the lighted visor or at least the plug is already there for the upgrade. I'd like to order the visor before my truck gets here.
XLT does not come standard with lighted visors. It also does not come standard with an automatic dim rearview mirror unless you added the adaptive cruise feature.

Old 05-14-2019, 09:46 PM
outlawtele
New User
Originally Posted by atkinjr View Post
XLT does not come standard with lighted visors. It also does not come standard with an automatic dim rearview mirror unless you added the adaptive cruise feature.
Thank you...that was what I needed to know. I'm assuming the plug won't be there then coming from the headliner. Guess I can find a hot wire and ground and run my own.

Old 05-15-2019, 06:22 AM
Dan D.
New User
Dan D. is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by nisbitch View Post
Sounds useful. I hate having to carry the additional clicker. Does anyone have a part # for this?

https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts...0ybC12OC1mbGV4

Old 05-15-2019, 11:55 AM
whagen
Junior User
whagen is starting off with a positive reputation.
$200+ for a visor with a garage remote built in. I'll stick with the remote that came with the garage door opener.

Plus I can hide the remote and it would be an easy target for the unscrupulous person to get into my garage.

Old 05-15-2019, 12:36 PM
Dan D.
New User
Dan D. is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by whagen View Post
$200+ for a visor with a garage remote built in. I'll stick with the remote that came with the garage door opener.

Plus I can hide the remote and it would be an easy target for the unscrupulous person to get into my garage.
Agreed.....

Old 05-15-2019, 07:20 PM
Mkos1980
Elder User
Mkos1980 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Ditto, on another note it's funny how the price has jumped almost 100 bucks in a year and a half for that part. I've seen posts where it was 130 something back in 17.

Old 05-15-2019, 11:18 PM
Phx Raven
Junior User
Phx Raven is starting off with a positive reputation.
Can anyone tell me if it will work without having the truck keys? If someone were to open your truck or brake in can they hit the button and open your garage?
my last truck i feared someone would find my truck unlocked one day and just simply push the opener button and open

Old 05-16-2019, 07:48 AM
sdetweil
Post Fiend
sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by Phx Raven View Post
Can anyone tell me if it will work without having the truck keys? If someone were to open your truck or brake in can they hit the button and open your garage?
my last truck i feared someone would find my truck unlocked one day and just simply push the opener button and open
my 18, yes.. keyfob...

open the door, no keyfob around, visor is active... looking for a way to change that..

Old 05-16-2019, 06:23 PM
slapshot12
Senior User
slapshot12 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Mkos1980 View Post
Ditto, on another note it's funny how the price has jumped almost 100 bucks in a year and a half for that part. I've seen posts where it was 130 something back in 17.

No kidding!! I checked last year and it was around $120. No way in hell would I pay $212 for a visor.

Old 05-16-2019, 06:37 PM
AdirondEx
Junior User
AdirondEx is starting off with a positive reputation.

Was a $125 option on another truck I was looking at. Now they're telling me it cost over $300 from the Parts Department. Paid $204 from internet. Crooks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.