Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6.7 Diesel DEF Core Replaced

Old 05-13-2019, 07:54 AM
endinmaine
New User
endinmaine is starting off with a positive reputation.
Angry 6.7 Diesel DEF Core Replaced

I've been a loyal fan of Ford Diesel Trucks for 30+ years ,,, AND I'M DONE !!! My Super Duty King Ranch with all the bells and whistles with the 6.7 diesel is a POS. At only 55,000 miles the check engine light came on and they traced it to a wiring problem,, fixed it at a cost of $485.00. One month later the light came on again and the engine went into creep mode and would not go above idle. Had it flat bedded to the Ford dealership where they told me the DEF Cooler Core would have to be replaced. Took 4 days to repair at a cost of $ 2007.00 !!! I sadly assumed Ford had gotten their act together and fixed the disastrous diesel problems they had with the 6.0 and 6.4 but I was wrong,,,, the 6.7 is also a POS. The sympathetic tech at Ford told me the expenses will only continue with the 6.7 and to consider get rid of it soon. Hasta la Vista !!!

Old 05-13-2019, 08:15 AM
Deuce40s
Elder User
Deuce40s has a very good reputation on FTE.Deuce40s has a very good reputation on FTE.Deuce40s has a very good reputation on FTE.Deuce40s has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by endinmaine View Post
assumed
oops. You should sell it and get a Chevy asap as possible. Then you'll be happy with the most reliable truck on the market.

Old 05-13-2019, 09:05 AM
pacnorwest
Senior User
pacnorwest is starting off with a positive reputation.
Mine had a wiring problem after a pack rat chewed through it. $700. in labor to troubleshoot and repair.
Comprehensive insurance covered most of it.

Old 05-13-2019, 09:20 AM
endinmaine
New User
I did have the Extended Warranty but it had expired ,,, total waste of $$$. I had to pay out of pocket. I could understand the DEF Core needing to be replace if my Super Duty had 150K or more mileage but 55k ,,, WTF !!
I will be looking at Chevy/GMC and maybe even Dodge/Toyota. Ford continues to live up to the old saying ,, Found On the Road Dead !!!

Old 05-13-2019, 09:28 AM
Overkill2
Elder User
Overkill2 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
What year is your truck? I also got an extended warranty, like a knucklehead I feel, because I thought it covered emissions which it does not.

There's also the option of deleting and running a zero horsepower tune then you wouldn't have to deal with faulty emissions equipment.

Old 05-13-2019, 09:37 AM
UP_There
Post Fiend
UP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud of
I'm sure the Chevy forum is awaiting your arrival, and expecting your ridiculous RANT on their boards as well hahahahahahahahahahaha.

Sorry.....but you don't just show up here, ranting like a maniac, and expect anyone to help you.

Bye...

Old 05-13-2019, 10:49 AM
endinmaine
New User
Originally Posted by Overkill2 View Post
What year is your truck? I also got an extended warranty, like a knucklehead I feel, because I thought it covered emissions which it does not.

There's also the option of deleting and running a zero horsepower tune then you wouldn't have to deal with faulty emissions equipment.
It's a 2013 ,,, The truck itself is fine but the engine is junk. My previous Super Duty had the 7.3 ,, a great engine with absolutely no problems but since Ford built their own it was been a miserable/expensive failure.

Old 05-13-2019, 11:18 AM
Just Strokin
Postmaster
Just Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud of
BTW....it is not a DEF Cooler Core but an EGR Cooler Core. If you are going to rant, then get your facts straight.

Also, what do you expect Ford or GM or Chrysler do for you when your warranty expires, even if it is and extended warranty? Replace everything for free? The GM and Ram folks are going to love you so go rant over there.

Old 05-13-2019, 01:01 PM
dirthawg
Elder User
dirthawg has a good reputation on FTE.dirthawg has a good reputation on FTE.dirthawg has a good reputation on FTE.
EGR cooler at 55,000? You must have alot of idle hours on that truck.

How many idle hours vs engine hours do you have?

Old 05-13-2019, 07:22 PM
senix
senix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputation
still looking for me DEF core, can't find it. I think a tunda is a good choice, the toy will be happy to have your biz

Old 05-13-2019, 08:22 PM
The Bone
Elder User
The Bone has a good reputation on FTE.The Bone has a good reputation on FTE.
Ford will be glad to lose you as a customer.

Old 05-14-2019, 01:30 AM
kper05
Post Fiend
kper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant future
What is a DEF core!?

Yes, that is how extended warranties work. You knew that when you researched it and paid for it.

Yes, you should get rid of it right away. Good news, Ford is making a new 7.3L but the liters is the only thing that's the same.
Ford is not saying the 6.7L is an expensive failure. In fact, it has worked so well for them, it is even available in the F-650/750 lineup.
Since 2015, Ford has sold 3,621,858 trucks vs GM 3,385,040 and RAM Trucks 2,325,286.

No one is going to take you seriously with this thread.

Old 05-14-2019, 01:59 AM
bobcat67
Junior User
bobcat67 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Not sure how any of your problems make the 6.7 a bad engine??? You have a 6 year old truck, go buy another make and model of the same year and see how "flawless" they are. The 6.7 is proven and reliable. Can't come here and start complaining, nobody cares for this type of stuff.

Old 05-15-2019, 02:51 PM
sowaxeman
Elder User
sowaxeman is starting off with a positive reputation.
I too just made the jump to a 2015 6.7 after owning two different 7.3's. If you honestly think the 6.7 is a POS because of $2,400 in repairs beyond your warranty, then you must have been the LUCKIEST guy on earth to have never spent any money on your 7.3. I had to spend over $5k in repairs on my 2002 during the 5 years I owned it. Good luck with ANY modern diesel engine if you think you won't have to spend any money maintaining them.

Old 05-15-2019, 09:45 PM
The Bone
Elder User
The Bone has a good reputation on FTE.The Bone has a good reputation on FTE.
I have a 15 and haven't spent a dime other than oil changes and fuel filters new tires. That's it. I must have the best truck out there. 62,000 miles

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: