Notices
Brakes, Steering, Suspension, Tires, & Wheels  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low Tire Pressure

Old 05-12-2019, 09:53 PM
Colorado_Kid
Freshman User
Colorado_Kid is starting off with a positive reputation.
Low Tire Pressure

I have a 2015 F-250 with a 1700 pound truck camper on the back and when I was on the New Jersey Turnpike I got a low tire pressure warning.I don't have any way of testing how much psi I have in my tires but just by pressing my my hands against the tires they felt fine but just to be safe I took my truck over to the mechanics shop where you could fill your tires for free. My front tires where a little low but my rear tires where fine so I filled my front tires. When I got on the road again the low tire pressure warning came on again and did not go off for the rest of the trip. Do I need to reset the system, does the warning go off itself or is there still a problem with my tires pressure?

Old 05-13-2019, 04:42 AM
JWA
Post Fiend
JWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputation
Do you not carry some sort of tire pressure gauge separate from the built-in monitor? Do you not check your own tire pressure before heading out on any sort of lengthy trip?

Old 05-14-2019, 10:46 AM
Colorado_Kid
Freshman User
In planning my long trip that one slipped through the cracks. Since starting this thread I since checked my tires again and didn't put enough air in them. Must remember to take my time doing this stuff when on the road.

Old 05-15-2019, 05:43 AM
JWA
Post Fiend
JWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputation
All righty then but I'm still asking do you not carry your own tire pressure gauge?

Old 05-15-2019, 03:31 PM
Colorado_Kid
Freshman User
Yes, I do but just bought a new one to replace the one I left at home. Checked them went down, a local gas station and put air in the tires. 75 psi in the front tires and 80 psi in the rear tires although I went a little over on the rear tires. Low air pressure light still on but the gas station was only a mile away so I may need to drive a little more.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.