Notices
2015+ F150 Discuss the 2015 Ford F150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Ford Appearance Pkg" aka Dealer Add Ons

Old 05-08-2019, 12:25 PM
ecoboost12
Senior User
ecoboost12 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.ecoboost12 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by Wiggums View Post
A lot of states have laws on Doc fees. Here in California, it's $55.
Welcome Back Wiggums,I was going to start up your Thread here, This Site needs your Knowledge and Wit,they pulled the same thing on me a total rip off.

Old 05-08-2019, 02:13 PM
Wiggums
Posting Guru
Wiggums has a good reputation on FTE.Wiggums has a good reputation on FTE.Wiggums has a good reputation on FTE.
Gawrsh, thanks! I simply googled up for information.. and I recently discovered it's now $80 here in California... this website seems more updated than the other one I used.

https://www.autocheatsheet.com/new-c...d-you-pay.html

So it's either the sales tax here in California or the document processing fee in other states. Out of the frying pan into the fire, so to speak.

I won't be leaving here even though I'm now driving a Chevy. I only bought it because of the $10k off like I did with the Ford and I'm really looking forward to the 2020 refresh if it happens... then I'll be able to scratch off the 2019 Chevrolet Silverado and add in a Ford on top of my signature line.

Old 05-09-2019, 11:37 AM
PupnDuck
Posting Guru
PupnDuck has a very good reputation on FTE.PupnDuck has a very good reputation on FTE.PupnDuck has a very good reputation on FTE.
Wow! I thought those ridiculous "Dealer Pacs" died years ago. The infamous Fabric Protectant and carpet Dirt Shield. Surprised he didn't try to charge you for undercoating!

Pure profit. Pure Rip-Off. Nothing more. I wouldn't buy ANYTHING from a dealership that was trying that scam. Tells you quite a bit about their present and future business practices.

Old 05-09-2019, 03:22 PM
FORD COASTIE
Posting Guru
FORD COASTIE has much to be proud ofFORD COASTIE has much to be proud ofFORD COASTIE has much to be proud ofFORD COASTIE has much to be proud ofFORD COASTIE has much to be proud ofFORD COASTIE has much to be proud ofFORD COASTIE has much to be proud ofFORD COASTIE has much to be proud of
When I ordered my truck, I made it clear to the dealership, not to put any of that stuff on when it arrived. I bought from a small dealership this time, and they were great to work with.

Old 05-10-2019, 09:06 AM
jr105
Senior User
jr105 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
When I go in to buy a truck or car I have a figure that I'm willing to pay for the vehicle and I ignore any dealer add-ons. If they're willing to sell for my figure including whatever they added I buy, otherwise I walk away.

Old 05-12-2019, 03:35 AM
yellowboy
Senior User
yellowboy is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Wiggums View Post
Gawrsh, thanks! I simply googled up for information.. and I recently discovered it's now $80 here in California... this website seems more updated than the other one I used.

https://www.autocheatsheet.com/new-c...d-you-pay.html

So it's either the sales tax here in California or the document processing fee in other states. Out of the frying pan into the fire, so to speak.

I won't be leaving here even though I'm now driving a Chevy. I only bought it because of the $10k off like I did with the Ford and I'm really looking forward to the 2020 refresh if it happens... then I'll be able to scratch off the 2019 Chevrolet Silverado and add in a Ford on top of my signature line.
That cheat sheet has allot of inaccuracies on it. I would not go by it. Do a search for the information either directly to the state DMV or other source

Old 05-13-2019, 06:59 PM
soundwave
Elder User
soundwave is starting off with a positive reputation.
That reminds me of the scene in the movie "Fargo" where William H Macys character is pushing some kind of true coat protection on all the cars he sells

Old 05-13-2019, 09:32 PM
Wiggums
Posting Guru
Wiggums has a good reputation on FTE.Wiggums has a good reputation on FTE.Wiggums has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by yellowboy View Post
That cheat sheet has allot of inaccuracies on it. I would not go by it. Do a search for the information either directly to the state DMV or other source
I do know DMV fees are higher in a lot of states, especially low tax states. Do not confuse it with sales tax, that's just the DMV fees. It's pretty low here and California definitely caps documentation fees. I've lived in Nevada and I know it's outrageously high there. By looking at a few states, it's quite accurate.

Old 05-19-2019, 08:39 AM
NewEnglandHerdsman
Moderatee...
NewEnglandHerdsman has a spectacular reputation.NewEnglandHerdsman has a spectacular reputation.NewEnglandHerdsman has a spectacular reputation.NewEnglandHerdsman has a spectacular reputation.NewEnglandHerdsman has a spectacular reputation.NewEnglandHerdsman has a spectacular reputation.NewEnglandHerdsman has a spectacular reputation.NewEnglandHerdsman has a spectacular reputation.NewEnglandHerdsman has a spectacular reputation.NewEnglandHerdsman has a spectacular reputation.NewEnglandHerdsman has a spectacular reputation.
Docs fees average $300 here, but I've bought two vehicles recently at a dealer which charges $500. I just add the doc fee (and any others) to the price of the vehicle - on paper, in front of the sales person - and compare prices. When the total price even with the higher doc fee is lower, that's where I buy.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: