Notices
Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ex head unit/radio

Old 05-05-2019, 10:45 PM
Markken
Senior User
Markken is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Markken is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Ex head unit/radio

I hate to ask, but after looking on here and using the ol' googler for several hours (5-6) today, the only aftermarket head unit that pops in without cutting anything is the E-bay guy who is mentioned on here?

If anyone knows of another please point me in the right direction.

The Ex I just bought for the wife, while the radio works, the CD part is shot, does everything but play CD's. I had the unit pulled out with the top off and the CD never spun, it loaded into the 6 disc rack pulled out and loaded on the arm but the arm never spun. So I was looking into an after natket replacement, be nice if had a few extra things like Navigation.

Just curious what else was out there, if anything that was plug and play, as i spent several hours looking and came up dry.

P.S. Alibaba has one of the worst search engine/features on the internet, yeah I even tried to search the Chinese sites.

Old 06-01-2019, 01:22 AM
DmanEx3232
Freshman User
DmanEx3232 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Another Plug and play retailer

I had been looking for the past year I only found the eBay guy Oscar. We traded emails for a while I just didn't want to pay that much for an older Andriod system. My system would have cost over $500 cause of my rear entertainment system. After watching a couple of YouTube installs I have now rewired my system to work with any Head Unit with RCA audio inputs. I just purchased an $80 Quad Core Android 8.1 7" 2DIN Car GPS Bluetooth Stereo Radio of course last month it went down to $59 LOL Oh boy gotta luv the overseas manufacturers.

OK to your question I did find another plug and play for 2000-2005 Exs I just briefly went to my Website saves and found it WOW the price I think is down nearly 50%. It's late here, but I will be reviewing the website tomorrow cause I think the price looked more reasonable. Remember I have not used this website nor the product. Let me know if you pull the trigger I would like to hear your review. Below is the info.

Liislee For Ford Excursion 2000~2005 Radio CD DVD Player GPS NAVI Navigation Audio Video Stereo HD Screen Android S160 System
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32789974099.html

Old 06-01-2019, 06:10 AM
WE3ZS
World Famous Mod
WE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by DmanEx3232 View Post
I had been looking for the past year I only found the eBay guy Oscar. We traded emails for a while I just didn't want to pay that much for an older Andriod system. My system would have cost over $500 cause of my rear entertainment system. After watching a couple of YouTube installs I have now rewired my system to work with any Head Unit with RCA audio inputs. I just purchased an $80 Quad Core Android 8.1 7" 2DIN Car GPS Bluetooth Stereo Radio of course last month it went down to $59 LOL Oh boy gotta luv the overseas manufacturers.

OK to your question I did find another plug and play for 2000-2005 Exs I just briefly went to my Website saves and found it WOW the price I think is down nearly 50%. It's late here, but I will be reviewing the website tomorrow cause I think the price looked more reasonable. Remember I have not used this website nor the product. Let me know if you pull the trigger I would like to hear your review. Below is the info.

Liislee For Ford Excursion 2000~2005 Radio CD DVD Player GPS NAVI Navigation Audio Video Stereo HD Screen Android S160 System
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32789974099.html

Do you have link link to that $59 android double din head unit? My Joying android unit is completely dead and a cheaper alternative seems more to my liking to replace it.

Old 06-01-2019, 10:33 AM
DmanEx3232
Freshman User
Wow, I thought Joying was one the highly rated overseas head units. Now it's down to $49 thanks for having me look it up LOL

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-7....c100005.m1851

Mine just squeezed right in never modified my dash panel Kind of nice I just pop it out with a flat tool.

quick pic no dash trimming

Old 06-01-2019, 09:37 PM
Markken
Senior User
Markken is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Markken is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I have actually found 6 different ones besides the one Oscar sells on E-bay.

Change your search to "android crown victoria radio", there is the one Oscar has on Ebay, one from France, one on Amazon, and 3 (or 4, one is the same one Oscar offers on ebay, personally I would buy his as he has plug and play harnesses) on alibaba and allyexpress.

If anyone wants needs a link(s) let me know I saved them all when I was looking.

Just me but I like to keep mods down to a minimum when it involves cutting out things so it fits/works.

All of the ones I found are Android 8.1 OS systems, and so are the ones Oscar gets now. I went back and forth a bit with him myself about a month ago and he said they upgraded the HU's and he was still checking out the new features.

Old 06-01-2019, 11:54 PM
DmanEx3232
Freshman User
Well, that is good to know Oscar's units have the newer Andriod system. I will have to check them out, but I hope his prices have gone down with the updates. Thanks for the info

Old 06-02-2019, 12:31 PM
FFSjeff
New User
FFSjeff is starting off with a positive reputation.
FWIW

A Bluetooth cigarette lighter thing is super cheap and convenient plug and play. I went with 20$ rca output that taps into the factory speaker wire to run an amplifier then the 25$ BT cigarette lighter module everything else is bone stock audio wise and imho I canít tell that my audio system is 20y/o at all and no need for outdated cds that get scratched and skip like crazy at anything above 140ish (dB).

Old 06-03-2019, 08:43 AM
Dweber85rc
Freshman User
Dweber85rc is starting off with a positive reputation.
Why are these so cheap compared to a std head unit?

Old 06-03-2019, 12:15 PM
EXSwap
Elder User
EXSwap is a splendid one to beholdEXSwap is a splendid one to beholdEXSwap is a splendid one to beholdEXSwap is a splendid one to beholdEXSwap is a splendid one to beholdEXSwap is a splendid one to beholdEXSwap is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by WE3ZS View Post
Do you have link link to that $59 android double din head unit? My Joying android unit is completely dead and a cheaper alternative seems more to my liking to replace it.
Dang, didn't you just put that in like a year or so ago?

Old 06-03-2019, 05:19 PM
WE3ZS
World Famous Mod
WE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by EXSwap View Post
Dang, didn't you just put that in like a year or so ago?

Yep, sure did.
I'm not an audiophile, so max stereo performance is wasted on me (and my wife), going with an expensive high end radio would be money better spent elsewhere. I think one of those newer super cheap android units mentioned above would be a good option for me. And then if it craps out it will sting a little less than the $300 Joying unit that died.

Old 06-03-2019, 11:30 PM
Sam I Am
Posting Guru
Sam I Am has a very good reputation on FTE.Sam I Am has a very good reputation on FTE.Sam I Am has a very good reputation on FTE.Sam I Am has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Dweber85rc View Post
Why are these so cheap compared to a std head unit?
No disk player, basically just an Android tablet with dash mount, buttons, and wiring for a vehicle.

Old 06-11-2019, 07:38 AM
johntpr
Senior User
johntpr has a good reputation on FTE.johntpr has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Markken View Post
I have actually found 6 different ones besides the one Oscar sells on E-bay.

Change your search to "android crown victoria radio", there is the one Oscar has on Ebay, one from France, one on Amazon, and 3 (or 4, one is the same one Oscar offers on ebay, personally I would buy his as he has plug and play harnesses) on alibaba and allyexpress.

If anyone wants needs a link(s) let me know I saved them all when I was looking.

Just me but I like to keep mods down to a minimum when it involves cutting out things so it fits/works.

All of the ones I found are Android 8.1 OS systems, and so are the ones Oscar gets now. I went back and forth a bit with him myself about a month ago and he said they upgraded the HU's and he was still checking out the new features.

Yes, I would like to see your links

Old 06-13-2019, 10:49 AM
exbxtoy
Senior User
exbxtoy has a good reputation on FTE.exbxtoy has a good reputation on FTE.
Dito, please post the links so we can all benefit. Anyone have a wireless backup camera you have found that works with these head units? I want one I can have mounted on the back of the X and on the back of my camper travel trailer.

Old 06-13-2019, 01:27 PM
Flyboy1100
Elder User
Flyboy1100 is a name known to allFlyboy1100 is a name known to allFlyboy1100 is a name known to allFlyboy1100 is a name known to allFlyboy1100 is a name known to allFlyboy1100 is a name known to all
Just get a cheap pioneer nex or similar.

Old 06-13-2019, 03:02 PM
EXSwap
Elder User
EXSwap is a splendid one to beholdEXSwap is a splendid one to beholdEXSwap is a splendid one to beholdEXSwap is a splendid one to beholdEXSwap is a splendid one to beholdEXSwap is a splendid one to beholdEXSwap is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by WE3ZS View Post
Yep, sure did.
I'm not an audiophile, so max stereo performance is wasted on me (and my wife), going with an expensive high end radio would be money better spent elsewhere. I think one of those newer super cheap android units mentioned above would be a good option for me. And then if it craps out it will sting a little less than the $300 Joying unit that died.
Originally Posted by Flyboy1100 View Post
Just get a cheap pioneer nex or similar.
Certainly not fun purchasing something and having it die on you. I bought a refurb pioneer that crapped out juuuuust after the "warranty", if that's what you want to call it. No one would touch it (pioneer or best buy). So, for my money, no super cheapies, and no Pioneer units. Then again, I'm too cheap to spend real coin on a stereo...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.