Notices
1980 - 1986 Bullnose F100, F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Early Eighties Bullnose Ford Truck

My 82 F250 XL

Old 05-05-2019, 02:37 PM
notacharger
Freshman User
notacharger is starting off with a positive reputation.
My 82 F250 XL

This is my 82 F250 XL. 400, 4 speed, 4:10 Dana 60. I've got about $4,400 in the truck, including new tires, all new brakes, new door run channels/belt mouldings, new floor mat, etc. Every bulb, switch, etc. works. Dual tanks work. AC does not work, but I don't really care. I patched the rear wheel arches, driver's side floor pan, and driver's side cab corner. It's been repainted a non-original color, and then it was badly sunfaded. My friend is an awesome painter, and he was able to match the sunfaded mystery color perfectly. The guy I bought it from sprayed a matte clear over the faded paint, and he did a terrible job. It's delaminating everywhere.

I swapped the 16.5 wheels for 16s off of an E-350, and painted them body color. It had the earlier F-series caps when I bought it, so I cleaned them up and reused them. I like the way they look on this truck.

It's a lot of fun, and very handy as well. My friend the painter is trying to convince me to get a new tail gate and tail gate moulding, and let him repaint the whole truck, but other than the crappy clear job, I really like it as-is. I'm afraid if I painted it, it would be too nice, and I wouldn't want to do truck stuff with it.

Old 05-05-2019, 05:24 PM
Kramercd
Elder User
Kramercd is starting off with a positive reputation.
I like the idea of working out of a truck that's been restored to show car status, just to confuse and upset everyone else.

Old 05-05-2019, 07:21 PM
Franklin2
Franklin2 has a brilliant futureFranklin2 has a brilliant futureFranklin2 has a brilliant futureFranklin2 has a brilliant futureFranklin2 has a brilliant futureFranklin2 has a brilliant futureFranklin2 has a brilliant futureFranklin2 has a brilliant futureFranklin2 has a brilliant futureFranklin2 has a brilliant futureFranklin2 has a brilliant future
Don't do truck stuff with it if you get a reproduction tailgate. I have heard they are pretty thin and dent and get bent easily.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.