Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Buyers said they would fit

Old 05-02-2019, 01:33 AM
Mixer man
Journeyman Apprentice
Mixer man has a brilliant futureMixer man has a brilliant futureMixer man has a brilliant futureMixer man has a brilliant futureMixer man has a brilliant futureMixer man has a brilliant futureMixer man has a brilliant futureMixer man has a brilliant futureMixer man has a brilliant futureMixer man has a brilliant futureMixer man has a brilliant future
Buyers said they would fit

Was told they would be a perfect fit for 9R22.5's. Ha! These are poly fenders, can they be modified?

Old 05-02-2019, 07:37 AM
raytasch
Old guy with old toys
raytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputation
So what do they look like when they're raised about six inches? They would have enough clearance if you wanted to run chains.

Old 05-02-2019, 07:55 AM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.
I agree, raise them up a bit and see what they look like. Other than that, no, I don't think there is anyway to modify the radius on poly fenders.

When the guy said they would fit, he probably had a whole different picture in his head that what you were meaning by "fit". I think you were wanting something with a closer matching radius, he was probably meaning that they would cover the wheel set without interference.

Good luck
Bobby

Old 05-02-2019, 10:22 AM
52 Merc
Post Fiend
52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of
I agree with all of the above. I was thinking what Bobby said before I read his comment, on the fit, fitment thoughts, and modification ability.

Old 05-02-2019, 10:44 AM
Mixer man
Journeyman Apprentice
Mixer man has a brilliant futureMixer man has a brilliant futureMixer man has a brilliant futureMixer man has a brilliant futureMixer man has a brilliant futureMixer man has a brilliant futureMixer man has a brilliant futureMixer man has a brilliant futureMixer man has a brilliant futureMixer man has a brilliant futureMixer man has a brilliant future
I tried raising them but the radius doesn't look right. Also tried bringing the ends in but they buckle in the middle very easily.

Old 05-02-2019, 11:06 AM
bigwin56f100
Post Fiend
bigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant future
I want to see a pic with them up 6"

Old 05-02-2019, 11:49 AM
Mixer man
Journeyman Apprentice
Originally Posted by bigwin56f100 View Post
I want to see a pic with them up 6"
They won't go that high without hitting the mixer barrel. 4-1/2" max. That's why I need the snug fit. And the mounting brackets fit to the outside and add another 5". I can fix the width by just sawing off some from the inside.

Old 05-02-2019, 06:30 PM
CBeav
Elder User
CBeav is a splendid one to beholdCBeav is a splendid one to beholdCBeav is a splendid one to beholdCBeav is a splendid one to beholdCBeav is a splendid one to beholdCBeav is a splendid one to beholdCBeav is a splendid one to behold
I think the bottom edges are meant to be about even with the center of the hub of maybe even slightly higher. Picture them with standard mud flaps on them. They may not work for your application but for most trucks... maybe.

Old 05-02-2019, 09:02 PM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.
The more I look at the pic I'm thinking that even if you raised them up a bit they still would look right. Yes, they'd work but I think that every time you looked at them you'd be dissatisfied.

How about fabbing something out of sheet metal. You could probably have some sheetmetal rolled to the radius you like and weld on some round stock at the edges to give you a nice rounded edge. A lot more work but you could get the proper radius

Bobby

Old 05-02-2019, 11:51 PM
Mixer man
Journeyman Apprentice
Here the fender is raised five inches. It's hitting the barrel. These just aren't going to work for me. They are for 11R24.5's. I think even if I narrowed them by six inches and notched out for barrel clearance, they still wouldn't look right.
Thanks for all your input, guys.

Old 05-03-2019, 04:38 AM
bigwin56f100
Post Fiend
bigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant future
Well that looks way better. I see nothing wrong with that

Old 05-03-2019, 08:36 AM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
I agree, I don't think they will work, the proportions just aren't right. The radius is too large and they seem a bit too wide also

Bobby

Old 05-03-2019, 10:34 AM
Mr. Ed
Elder User
Mr. Ed has a good reputation on FTE.Mr. Ed has a good reputation on FTE.
Too big and too wide. Send them back and ask the "seller" if he has anything smaller. If not, look for trailer fenders. They come in a variety of sizes.

Later!
Mr. Ed

Old 05-03-2019, 11:09 AM
ReForder
Posting Guru
ReForder has a great reputation on FTE.ReForder has a great reputation on FTE.ReForder has a great reputation on FTE.ReForder has a great reputation on FTE.ReForder has a great reputation on FTE.ReForder has a great reputation on FTE.
I think "fit" is a rather subjective term here. Yes, your tires don't hit them, but yes, the radius is all wrong.

Good luck with the "seller". They may get a little defensive.

I also agree with Mr. Ed on the trailer fenders. Might take some more searching to find what you need, but there has to be something for a trailer that will fit back there, particularly a car hauler.

Old 05-03-2019, 03:14 PM
Mixer man
Journeyman Apprentice
Considering two pair of these bolted together.

New Rear Fenders To Fit 1932 Ford Pickup - Hardison Metal Shaping

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.