Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2015+ F150
Reload this Page >

Fuel system cleaner or injection cleaner on Ecoboost?

Notices
2015+ F150 Discuss the 2015 Ford F150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel system cleaner or injection cleaner on Ecoboost?

Old 05-15-2019, 09:39 AM
GlueGuy
Postmaster
GlueGuy has a great reputation on FTE.GlueGuy has a great reputation on FTE.GlueGuy has a great reputation on FTE.GlueGuy has a great reputation on FTE.GlueGuy has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by tseekins View Post
I think it's safe to say that the earlier ecoboost engines will have at least some carbon build up but not to a level that's caused any major issues.

No need to get spooked over every little thing.
There you go, talking common sense. One thing the internet has done for us is to make it easier to find little "problems".

Old 05-15-2019, 11:29 AM
jeffwoodall
Senior User
jeffwoodall is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by David W Jones View Post
No, actually, if you Google Ecoboost and actually read and understand what you've read, YOU'LL learn something. I suspect everything you've read is at least a few years old and based on other DI engines that have had issues. Again....there are thousands, maybe millions of F150 Ecoboosts out there. I'm sure there are 10's of thousands of members with Ecoboosts on the various F150 boards. IF there was a problem with carbon build up, somebody would have made a thread. Posted a picture. Others would join in with their pictures and stories like is prone to happen when there is a problem. At the risk of being a jackass......find me a thread or two.
You're chasing something that doesn't exist.....but...if it makes you feel better.
Other DI engines have carbon issues. Yes. All DI engines. No. The F150 EcoBoosts. No.
I get what you are saying... But they don't make DI Ecoboost engines any longer for a reason, and we can just leave it at that. I'm a pragmatic person, I just will keep doing my Italian tuneup and using Techron, and it WILL make me feel much better.

Old 05-15-2019, 11:40 AM
Krewat
Admin Newbie
Krewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by jeffwoodall View Post
But they don't make DI Ecoboost engines any longer for a reason,
Say what?

Old 05-15-2019, 11:48 AM
JDXer
New User
JDXer is starting off with a positive reputation.
No amount of injector cleaner is going to clean the oil build up (if it even happens) on the intake valves because there is no fuel injector in the port for it to go through on first gen Ecos!

Old 05-15-2019, 01:38 PM
jeffwoodall
Senior User
Originally Posted by Krewat View Post
Say what?
They are making the new Ecoboost engines with Dual Direct and Port fuel injection with primarily the 3.5 Ecoboost in 2017 and in 2018 the 2.7 is dual injection. To me that means Ford isn't manufacturing the Direct injection engines any longer.

Old 05-15-2019, 01:42 PM
Krewat
Admin Newbie
Krewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputation
They are making the new Ecoboost engines with Dual Direct and Port fuel injection with primarily the 3.5 Ecoboost in 2017 and in 2018 the 2.7 is dual injection. To me that means Ford isn't manufacturing the Direct injection engines any longer.
They still call them GTDI's - DI = Direct Injection, and there are still direct injectors and HPFP in the Gen II's.

Also, I'm not so sure what they are doing in the automotive side - 3.0's, 2.0's, etc, all the Ecoboosts are listed as GTDI's in Ford literature, as far as I can tell. To say "they aren't making DI motors any more" is kind of a misnomer

Old 05-15-2019, 02:37 PM
GABAR
Postmaster
GABAR has a good reputation on FTE.GABAR has a good reputation on FTE.GABAR has a good reputation on FTE.
I get what you are saying... But they don't make DI Ecoboost engines any longer for a reason, and we can just leave it at that. I'm a pragmatic person, I just will keep doing my Italian tuneup and using Techron, and it WILL make me feel much better.
Ummmmmm what?
I think 🤔 you’re wrong about that.
Have a great evening.

Old 05-15-2019, 05:15 PM
GlueGuy
Postmaster
GlueGuy has a great reputation on FTE.GlueGuy has a great reputation on FTE.GlueGuy has a great reputation on FTE.GlueGuy has a great reputation on FTE.GlueGuy has a great reputation on FTE.
They're still GTDI, except that Gas Turbo Direct Injection now is Gas Turbo Dual Injection.

Old 05-16-2019, 08:51 AM
jeffwoodall
Senior User
Originally Posted by GlueGuy View Post
They're still GTDI, except that Gas Turbo Direct Injection now is Gas Turbo Dual Injection.

The 2.7 and 3.5 Ecoboost engines are NOW Dual injection (port and direct combined)...NOT just direct injection as before. I mean, I am not making this stuff up unless I am reading fake news. I didn't see where it came from CNN, but guess you never know.

https://jalopnik.com/the-2018-ford-f...pow-1796143724

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: