Notices
Modular V10 (6.8l)  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mis fires of f450

Old 04-28-2019, 05:38 PM
eckland
New User
eckland is starting off with a positive reputation.
Angry Mis fires of f450

I have 2018 f450 in Thor Motorhome. Everytime I go on a trip the check engine light comes on. Codes read mis-fires on cylinders 2 and 9.. Been in garage many times. compression checked, coils checked, all connections checked, plugs checked, mechanics cannot find anything wrong. Engine has 21500 miles. Could the check engine light be sending false message? Any recommendations appreciated.
Thanks
Jim

Old 04-29-2019, 06:27 AM
Krewat
Admin Newbie
Krewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputation
First, WELCOME to FTE!

There's a whole slew of things that could be wrong. Vacuum leaks, dirty MAF, low fuel pressure, etc.

Is it ALWAYS just those two cylinders? If so, swap the coils with other cylinders and see if the codes move with them.

Old 04-29-2019, 07:37 AM
tiffy2000
New User
tiffy2000 is starting off with a positive reputation.
misfires

Like Krewat said swap COPS if consistent cyl 2 and 9 ....if random I have seen where several people with MH have seen this , ... there are some service bulletins out there about this

Under warranty
Reflash cumputer
change Serpentine belt

one person couldn't get rid of it with dealers and when he went with a 5-star tune it stopped doing it

lots of info here
Multiple misfire codes -- feeling nothing - iRV2 Forums

Norm

Old 04-29-2019, 08:01 AM
johnfist
Senior User
johnfist is starting off with a positive reputation.
With that few miles, I'd be careful doing too much yourself. Whoever is doing your warranty work should know what they're doing.

If it were me, and it was warranty work, I'd tell them to replace the plugs and coils on those cylinders and see what happens.

Old 04-30-2019, 08:56 AM
rock2610d
Posting Guru
rock2610d is a name known to allrock2610d is a name known to allrock2610d is a name known to allrock2610d is a name known to allrock2610d is a name known to allrock2610d is a name known to all
F450 motorhome?

And a 2018 to boot.

Is this a 3V V10?

If it's a E450 than its a 2V right?

If miss is bad enough to trigger misfire it needs fixed. Dealer should be able to isolate cause easy. They will know fuel pressure, rpm, etc when the misfires occurred.

Don't tinker with it yourself. Moving coils will help if ford does it. They need to diagnose and fix.

It could be injectors or a pcm issue too.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.