Notices

HOW ABOUT AN FTE RV RALLY THIS OR NEXT YEAR?

Old 04-26-2019, 11:04 AM
BPofMD
FTE MD Chapter Ldr
BPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputation
HOW ABOUT AN FTE RV RALLY THIS OR NEXT YEAR?

I was thinking while trying to get to sleep....(I know, that's a danger sign) .... How many here on FTE that pull or carry a camper/RV would like and come to an FTE only camping Rally? Maybe we could make it an Annual Event ! Kinda like the Silver Airstream Rally but with all FORD TRUCKS pulling or carrying campers of ANY brand !

As the Chapter Leader in Maryland I have tried to get the meager membership there to have a get together to no avail. But I thought if I tried to expand the base to ALL FTE it might be met with a bigger base and have more interest.. Maybe divide the attendance to East Coast/West Coast??? I don't know... ideas anyone. I was thinking about asking the owner of the Gettysburg Campground if they have a "slack" season and if he would consider giving a better rate if we could draw in X number of attendees. What say you guys ? This could be the start of something BIG .

Old 04-26-2019, 12:09 PM
senix
senix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputation
Subscribing, I would love to go to something like this.

Old 04-26-2019, 01:13 PM
ncl
Elder User
ncl is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Hmmm interesting.

Old 04-26-2019, 09:25 PM
First Dually
Senior User
First Dually has a very good reputation on FTE.First Dually has a very good reputation on FTE.First Dually has a very good reputation on FTE.
A great idea...I'd attend depending on where/when/what...

The "what" is the biggie in my mind. "What" will the event have for activities/presentations/lectures/demonstrations... The more the better.

Old 04-27-2019, 06:04 AM
Benztechnc
FTE Chapter Leader
Benztechnc has a great reputation on FTE.Benztechnc has a great reputation on FTE.Benztechnc has a great reputation on FTE.Benztechnc has a great reputation on FTE.
It sounds like a great idea. I might be in next year, as this year is a little booked up.

Also ya’ll are welcome to join us for our fall trip this year or spring or fall trip next year. There’s still plenty of space.

Depending in interest and needs we either either rent out a group site for 50 people or do several small family sites. It’s a national park, with activities that include a shooting range(3$/day/person), lake for boating, fishing. Atv/Jeep off road trails. Hiking trails.

We also do one big meal, a member gets up early and starts the smoker ( this spring I volunteered to get up at 3) and puts some pork on to cook (18 lbs this past spring) everyone else contributes sides.

As for sleeping, the fiancé, kids and I took the trailer, there was another 20 some foot camper with family. A couple enclosed trailers. Tents as well, pop up camper. Etc.

we have ranged from 8 people when we started 4-5 years ago. This year we had 20 show up, including the kids...

y'all are welcome to join...

Old 04-27-2019, 09:12 AM
johnpitts01
Freshman User
johnpitts01 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Subscribed

Old 04-27-2019, 09:43 AM
rvpuller
rvpuller has much to be proud ofrvpuller has much to be proud ofrvpuller has much to be proud ofrvpuller has much to be proud ofrvpuller has much to be proud ofrvpuller has much to be proud ofrvpuller has much to be proud ofrvpuller has much to be proud ofrvpuller has much to be proud ofrvpuller has much to be proud of
We attend sometimes two rallies a year with our Hitchhiker club in different parts of the country with our spring rally in Texas being our mainstay for the last eight years. We've have a lot of RVing friends made through our group that we travel with some of them regularly, Our trailers are no longer made so we have other brands plus motorised rigs in our club. It's like hearding a bunch of cats at times but we have a great time. We have a hard time finding CGs that will take larger groups with facilities so we can meet. Summer rallies are really hard to get going because the CGs are so busy and don't want to commit to large groups, we've had as many as 64 rigs down to 12, most of our rallies are for 7days.

Denny

Old 04-27-2019, 10:11 AM
BBslider001
Post Fiend
BBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant future
I would consider attending depending on when/where. I have a Toyhauler/7.3 SD....will travel.

Old 04-27-2019, 02:51 PM
Sous
Sous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputation
My wife and I too would consider attending based on location and date. We are retired and now on our 3rd camper which is a 2016 Heartland Sundance 267RL that is towed by a 2000 7.3 PSD. It is a setup for boondocking with a full solar charging system, so even a field would do just fine for us...

Subscribed

Old 04-27-2019, 05:44 PM
BleedMichigan
Senior User
BleedMichigan is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by BPofMD View Post
I was thinking while trying to get to sleep....(I know, that's a danger sign) .... How many here on FTE that pull or carry a camper/RV would like and come to an FTE only camping Rally? Maybe we could make it an Annual Event ! Kinda like the Silver Airstream Rally but with all FORD TRUCKS pulling or carrying campers of ANY brand !

As the Chapter Leader in Maryland I have tried to get the meager membership there to have a get together to no avail. But I thought if I tried to expand the base to ALL FTE it might be met with a bigger base and have more interest.. Maybe divide the attendance to East Coast/West Coast??? I don't know... ideas anyone. I was thinking about asking the owner of the Gettysburg Campground if they have a "slack" season and if he would consider giving a better rate if we could draw in X number of attendees. What say you guys ? This could be the start of something BIG .
I would be down for Gettysburg camp ground either this fall or next year. The only issue with Gettysburg Campground is there are not a lot of full hookup sites which some people might not care about. Also for some of the longer rigs there might be issues as the long sites are limited. Otherwise I am pretty sure they would do a group rate especially if we could book up half the sites in say early spring when they are empty. Another option might be Hickory Hollow in Pa it’s a nice campground with some big sites surrounded by farm fields or even Shenandoah River State park in VA which is a cheap but beautiful campground. If you want help organizing Bud let me know I will happily assist.

Old 04-27-2019, 07:00 PM
bigb56
Posting Guru
bigb56 is a splendid one to beholdbigb56 is a splendid one to beholdbigb56 is a splendid one to beholdbigb56 is a splendid one to beholdbigb56 is a splendid one to beholdbigb56 is a splendid one to beholdbigb56 is a splendid one to behold
Subscribing, retirement and a TT are on the horizon here, planning for the end of the year. So I could attend the first or second one depending on when the first one will be. Eastern sounds good in the summer but a winter rally would be nice in the West too.

Old 04-28-2019, 06:13 AM
WE3ZS
World Famous Mod
WE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputation
If the event dates are planned early enough for my Oct vacation selection window I'm in for an Eastern gathering!

Old 04-28-2019, 03:26 PM
Stewart_H
The Nekkid Super Mod
Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
I hope this grows huge!

Stewart

Old 04-28-2019, 03:38 PM
Bonanza35
Post Fiend
Bonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to behold
Subscribing to. I'm in depending where it goes. Going with some FTER's in July to the Grand Tetons for a week then across country is the plan.

Old 04-28-2019, 08:14 PM
Benztechnc
FTE Chapter Leader
Benztechnc has a great reputation on FTE.Benztechnc has a great reputation on FTE.Benztechnc has a great reputation on FTE.Benztechnc has a great reputation on FTE.
Bud it's looks like you have a lot of interest. Want to start shooting dates out. If it's close enough I'll get more from Carolina to join in as well. I think of at least one or two that would travel a few hours for a meet up. Doubt I could do a whole week though. I still have this thing called a JOB that doesn't like me gone all that much.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.