1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 f450 6.0 No start, but my numbers are good.

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2019, 05:07 PM
Nathan Henson
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 f450 6.0 No start, but my numbers are good.

Hi, thank you for reading this post. Anyways long story short my FICM,FICMP,ICP,IPR,IPR-V, and HPOP has had wrong numbers at one point in time. I've replaced the Harness,FICM,IPR,ICP., and the rail mounted pump. Every time I'd replace something the numbers would change and as of right now they're all good. My major problems was the harness and FICM imho.

ICP-V 0.24

FICM 47-5 48

IPR 35-42

HPOP 1200-1600 psi.

Cam/crank/FICM all have sync.

I've also drained and replaced the diesel fuel in the tank. There's no engine codes. New battery. The only thing that concerns me a little is the hpop takes about 10-15 seconds to reach 500+.My problem is it still won't start. I've tried Either.I've checked to make sure oil is coming into the filter. It wants to fire, or at least it sounds like it. Can someone give me an old time trick or maybe i'm missing something?

Old 04-22-2019, 08:35 PM
theservicegroup777
Junior User
Well, Ive done just about everything imaginable to my 6.0 including head studs 2k miles ago. So ill offer some help and although it may not be exactly the answer your looking for maybe it will trigger something.

Post your values again. One with EOKO and ONE while your trying to crank.

First off, If i read correct. You said you tired Ether? Throw that can away please.. NOW!

Was it running and just died? Symptoms over the last few week/months? Did you just work in it and its doing this? (If so what did you fix/replace)

Have you checked fuel pressure to make sure your getting fuel.

Watch you Low Pressure oil gauge in the truck while cranking. After about 20 seconds does it move up?

Has it had STC fitting upgrade, standpipe/dummy plug.

Post back the info and history and we take it from there.

As far as tricks, the engine is pretty straight forward. You can try unplugging the ICP to command deferred values to see if that helps. Check for oil in that plug. Also, if its an Amazon or Ebay ICP go spent the money for a Parts House brand or dealer.

Post the info and history and we take it form there.

Old 04-23-2019, 08:58 PM
Nathan Henson
New User
Originally Posted by theservicegroup777
Well, Ive done just about everything imaginable to my 6.0 including head studs 2k miles ago. So ill offer some help and although it may not be exactly the answer your looking for maybe it will trigger something.

Post your values again. One with EOKO and ONE while your trying to crank.

First off, If i read correct. You said you tired Ether? Throw that can away please.. NOW!

Was it running and just died? Symptoms over the last few week/months? Did you just work in it and its doing this? (If so what did you fix/replace)

Have you checked fuel pressure to make sure your getting fuel.

Watch you Low Pressure oil gauge in the truck while cranking. After about 20 seconds does it move up?

Has it had STC fitting upgrade, standpipe/dummy plug.

Post back the info and history and we take it from there.

As far as tricks, the engine is pretty straight forward. You can try unplugging the ICP to command deferred values to see if that helps. Check for oil in that plug. Also, if its an Amazon or Ebay ICP go spent the money for a Parts House brand or dealer.

Post the info and history and we take it form there.

It was a boom truck for a tree service company. It/we were also a victim of a F4 tornado 2 weeks after we purchased the truck. We drove the truck around 100 miles post tornado and then parked it.Everything was running fine then. A few months later we had the no start. The IPR was at 85 the entire time cranking. We seen Diesel tech Ron's video's and replaced the IPR. The ICP-V was jumping up and down so we replaced that. Then we did a continuity test and when we pulled the PCM connecter off one of the pins were crossed over. It did burn the pin. We replaced the PCM just because we didn't want to risk it. Then Cam/Crank Sync went so we replaced those. Then something i've never seen before ever was my solus scanner went haywire with all of the numbers regarding the truck. So just for example the HPOP would go from 05 to 3,000 to 250, but all of the numbers did that. We swapped PCM's and it did it on both. Eventually that stopped out of the blue, so we replaced the harness too. The FICM clip had broke and I don't think it made the best connection. We'd lose FICM sync in and out. So we replaced that as well. Now finally for the first time since this whole thing started we now have the numbers I listed made in the post. Just getting FICM and CAM/CRANK sync simultaneously seemed to take an act of congress. Here's the numbers from today"

EOKO CRANK

FMP 48 47.5-48.5

FMLP 12-12.5 11-12.

ICPV 0.25 1.2-1.5

IPR % 14.8% 31-47%

HPOP 1K-1.600 (It takes 10-20 seconds to reach this. It'll jump from 100-300 to 1k+)

BATTERY 11.8-12.3 9.5-11.5

The oil gauge in the truck does rise to a little over half way within the first 10-30 seconds of cranking. I actually haven't checked the fuel pressure. Judging by the way the truck was treated prior to me i'd have to guess they didn't put in extra aftermarket parts.

Old 04-23-2019, 10:50 PM
theservicegroup777
Junior User
Ok, So after the tornado you drove it 100 or so miles and parked it and it has not ran since correct? Thus, you started with the IPR, then ICP, PCM, so on so on. Correct?

You said one of the pins on the PCM were crossed and burned out. Which Pin? It baffles me that the truck ran fine with that short unless it wasnt something important I guess. Would be good to know what pin it was.

Where was the PCM sourced? Known to be good? how did you install it?

With everything going haywire id suspect its something in the wiring. That is always the easiest (NOT) thing to figure out.

Here's what I would do and what i would suggest you do and post back your results.

If it were mine..

#1 Take your batteries in and have them load tested. Usually Free. I dont like the reading while cranking

#2 Crack the fuel line and turn the key on and see if you get fuel spray/ check the reset button on the passenger side kick panel as well.

#3 Spend a little $$ get yourself set up with a nice mechanical gauge with adapters to check fuel pressure and oil pressure(hpop) at the ICP port. Seeing as the electrical is the least trustworthy on your rig right now, go mechanical old school and know your ACTUAL values. That will eliminate that. Need one that will show fuel pressure fairly accurate and at least 700 psi for the hpop. You may be able to kill two birds with one gauge here. Once you know you in fact have proper fuel and oil pressure at the rail you can narrow it down to the electrical side of things.

#4 Check for shorts- With a help of a friend. Familiarize your self with the moving parts of the engine bay. At night pitch black dark, have him crank over the truck and look for sparks. If nothing , have him do it again carefully grab each harness and shake it around while looking for any sparks. Check all your grounds. Looking at the engine standing in front, you have one driverside rear manifold bolt coming from ficm harness, one passenger side firewall strapped from the head. One lower on passenger side lower fan shroud bolt. That one is a big one coming from the battery. Check that its tight and then feel it to make sure it has not worn bad or into.

I know injectors have crossed your mind, but I think your ok there.

Its actually a very simple and enjoyable (to me) engine to work on. Let me know your results with the above and ill help ya best i can to get er going. Again, these are just suggestions of what I would do. Take em with a grain...

Old 05-15-2019, 03:39 PM
Nathan Henson
New User
Sorry for my really late reply I've been in the hospital with a heart related issue. I'm pretty sure this truck isn't helping my health any. I didn't see 6.0 powerstroke on the doctors prescription pad. So we have spray, the batteries hold load, and I checked practically every ground I could find. The Negative ground cable on the driver side was 99% rusted over. I grinded/cleaned up what I could really well. Now what's happening is the batteries will start off 11.5-12.5 then within 2-5 seconds of cranking they jump all the way down to 7.5 all at once. I doubled checked on the load test, I've used different batteries and I've used chargers. No matter what it drops down all at once. I haven't worked on it much since. I will probably work on it tomorrow..