Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Pre-Power Stroke Diesel (7.3L IDI & 6.9L)
Reload this Page >

Just checking... IP gear can't jump teeth inside the housing, right?

Notices
Pre-Power Stroke Diesel (7.3L IDI & 6.9L) Diesel Topics Only

Old 04-20-2019, 06:54 PM
119er
Senior User
119er is starting off with a positive reputation.

So I have my pump and injectors off being rebuilt at the moment. I was installing new GP's and decided to clean the bores and threads on both the GP and injector bores. As I blew air into the one of the bores, the engine rolled over and the pump gear moved, obviously. I lined my witness marks back up, but it shouldn't matter anyway, right? Gear rotated 20 degrees or so counterclockwise. Just checking that it can't somehow jump time.

Old 04-21-2019, 03:12 AM
hairyboxnoogle
Post Fiend
hairyboxnoogle has a good reputation on FTE.hairyboxnoogle has a good reputation on FTE.hairyboxnoogle has a good reputation on FTE.
Nope. I tried it on mine when i was putting it together just to see if you could. Furthermore, you have gravity on your side in this situation.

Old 04-21-2019, 10:44 AM
119er
Senior User
119er is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks for the reassurance. I was positive that it couldn't, but I am making a lot of changes at once. Should I have any issues getting up and running, I didn't want that in the back of my mind.

Old 04-22-2019, 09:37 PM
hairyboxnoogle
Post Fiend
hairyboxnoogle has a good reputation on FTE.hairyboxnoogle has a good reputation on FTE.hairyboxnoogle has a good reputation on FTE.
Other than a little air from having the pump off, should roar to life just fine.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.