Notices

BT audio output on driver's side and center only

Old 04-20-2019, 04:53 PM
JackalAR
Senior User
JackalAR is starting off with a positive reputation.
BT audio output on driver's side and center only

2017 F-250 STX 4.2" SYNC standard 7 speaker system. For some reason I can't get any output from the pass. side with bluetooth connection to my S8 with Pandora, YT, etc. Happens with multiple phones. Phones work fine with other BT devices. Has anyone seen this issue?

Old 04-21-2019, 03:29 AM
madsonp
madsonp has a very good reputation on FTE.madsonp has a very good reputation on FTE.madsonp has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by JackalAR View Post
2017 F-250 STX 4.2" SYNC standard 7 speaker system. For some reason I can't get any output from the pass. side with bluetooth connection to my S8 with Pandora, YT, etc. Happens with multiple phones. Phones work fine with other BT devices. Has anyone seen this issue?
If you haven't already done so, I think the first thing I'd try to do is to reset the stereo, either by pulling the fuse for the stereo, then reinstalling it, or, disconnect the battery then reconnecting it and see what that does.

Old 04-21-2019, 11:23 AM
JackalAR
Senior User
I tried yesterday, no luck. Might try a master reset today. Planning on opening a SYNC support case tomorrow.

Old 04-21-2019, 11:33 AM
madsonp
madsonp has a very good reputation on FTE.madsonp has a very good reputation on FTE.madsonp has a very good reputation on FTE.
I tried yesterday, no luck. Might try a master reset today. Planning on opening a SYNC support case tomorrow.
Be sure to let us know how things turn out for you.

Old 04-21-2019, 01:03 PM
JackalAR
Senior User
Will do. Master reset didnt work.

Old 04-21-2019, 03:41 PM
madsonp
Will do. Master reset didnt work.
Well, sorry to hear that, it was worth a shot anyway, hope things work out for you with your call to tech support, let us know how things turn out with them.

Old 04-24-2019, 03:30 PM
JackalAR
Senior User
The dealer found faults in the APIM(?) Will replace once it arrives, sounds like a 2 hour reprogram once swapped out and it resides on the back side of the headunit.

Old 04-25-2019, 01:40 PM
madsonp
The dealer found faults in the APIM(?) Will replace once it arrives, sounds like a 2 hour reprogram once swapped out and it resides on the back side of the headunit.
Huh, that's one I haven't heard of before, did they quote you a price for fixing it ?

Old 04-25-2019, 05:14 PM
JackalAR
Senior User
Warranty, thank God.

Old 04-25-2019, 08:58 PM
madsonp
Warranty, thank God.
Good deal

Old 05-01-2019, 04:14 PM
JackalAR
Senior User
APIM didn't fix the issue, dealer is at a loss and waiting on instructions from the SYNC hotline.

Old 05-07-2019, 09:30 AM
JackalAR
Senior User
Sounds like Ford came back with wanting more troubleshooting done between the ACM and the APIM utilizing overlay circuits. Assume I'm in for another full day of troubleshooting then another separate appointment to take further action based on results. Dropping off for the 3rd. time tomorrow AM and will follow-up.

Old 05-09-2019, 02:36 PM
JackalAR
Senior User
After 2 more days of troubleshooting and beating my truck up (interior panels and exterior paint plus who knows what behind the dash) still no fix, back to Ford Engineer Hotline. BS

Old 05-09-2019, 11:26 PM
madsonp
Well that stinks, when I bought my truck brand new, the first thing I did was to yank out the stock stereo, and put a top of the line Pioneer navigation system in it, I do that with any vehicle I buy, because they're much better systems than the stock ones.

Old 05-10-2019, 09:09 AM
JackalAR
Senior User
Yea a completely independent aftermarket system would be preferred but I imagine crazy expensive and I haven't yet looked into options. Was trying to ignore the audio system for a few years to knock payments down, let warranty expire, and wait for market to catch up. Good to hear there are already some good options. May have to consider them sooner than later. I have been running Pioneer's Premiere line, at least until they discontinued the line years back.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.