Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks

1994 5.0 F-150 emissions delete issue

Old 04-19-2019, 01:51 PM
grizzley30814
Junior User
grizzley30814 is starting off with a positive reputation.
1994 5.0 F-150 emissions delete issue

I did some search's but couldn't find what I needed so I figured it was time ask. We have a normal 94 F-150 5.0 with FI. We have removed most all the emissions, or disconnected them and the truck is running great no issues with that no stumbles or idling issues at all. Our issue is fuel being pushed out of the vapor/charcoal canister line into the engine bay and fumes then into the cab. We have tried to just capping the line but that resulted in the fuel tanks being pressurized. Fuel was being pushed out of the tanks at the fuel fill along with air pressure. The fuel caps are not vented since originally they would not have needed that. Pump is still in place but disconnected, ports on back of heads plugged

Is there something we missed in the delete of the system ?

Do we need vented gas caps and then seal off that line?

Any help would be appreciated, I am sure I missed something that is probably real simple but just don't see it.

Thanks in advance, James

Old 04-19-2019, 02:22 PM
Conanski
Post Fiend
Conanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant future
Why did you remove the vapor canister? This device catches fuel vapors from the tanks so it can be put through the engine and used, there is no good reason to remove it.
If you have raw fuel in these lines you have 1 of 2 problems, either you are in the habit of overfilling the tank at the gas pump or the truck has dual tanks and one or both has defective check valves which allows fuel from the active tank to be returned to the other and over fill it... where it then gets pushed into the vapor collection system.

Old 04-20-2019, 08:15 AM
grizzley30814
Junior User
grizzley30814 is starting off with a positive reputation.
The vapor canister was filling with raw gas and it was leading to the fumes in the cab when driving or running the ac. Where are these check valves at ? hopefully not on top of the tanks????

Old 04-20-2019, 09:30 AM
timbersteel
Postmaster
timbersteel has a good reputation on FTE.timbersteel has a good reputation on FTE.timbersteel has a good reputation on FTE.
The check valve is in the FDM. It's the Fuel pump basically.

As Subford mentioned, it's more than likely the check valve in the Fuel pump is bad. Have you had one tank filling the other or both doing it? Unless you overfill the fuel tanks every fill up, then I'm in agreement with Subford about the check valve being bad.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.