Notices
Escape & Escape Hybrid Ford Escape, Ford Escape Hybrid, Mercury Mariner, Mazda Tribute

Purge control valve location

Old 04-17-2019, 11:29 AM
fitzgerald01
New User
fitzgerald01 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Purge control valve location

Hi all, I have a 2010 Escape XLT with a 4 cylinder engine. I recently got a check engine warning. I had it checked out and it came back code P0455 which says evaporative system leak detected (gross leak/no flow). According to the tech this is usually a faulty evaporative emissions purge control valve. The part is inexpensive and looks easy to replace but I cannot locate it. I have read elsewhere that it is on the firewall which it is not. I have also read that it is located near the gas tank under a cover which I am hoping it is not.. Does anyone know of the location of this bad boy? Thanks for any help you can give me.

Old 04-17-2019, 03:55 PM
projectSHO89
Post Fiend
projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.
The PURGE valve is on the firewall under the hood.

The VENT valve is under the vehicle, near the canister.

Make sure you are looking for the correct one.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.