Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

X country Transport

Old 04-16-2019, 09:31 AM
8pack
Junior User
8pack is starting off with a positive reputation.
X country Transport

Does anyone have any suggestions for vehicle shipping companies other than going through Uship? Trying to get my truck from Wichita to Western MA.

Thanks!

Old 04-16-2019, 10:21 AM
FortyNiner
Postmaster
FortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud of
There is a fellow on the Ford Barn, trulyvintage, that specializes in moving old iron. His contact info:

Jim
260-804-6695

Old 04-17-2019, 04:25 AM
TitusDH
Senior User
TitusDH has a good reputation on FTE.TitusDH has a good reputation on FTE.
Wow,

how far is that? 1500mls?

Wonder what the rate would be like.

Wil

Old 04-17-2019, 06:39 AM
49willard
Postmaster
49willard has a great reputation on FTE.49willard has a great reputation on FTE.49willard has a great reputation on FTE.49willard has a great reputation on FTE.49willard has a great reputation on FTE.
If the truck is a good solid western example, the cost of shipping to Western Ma. will be a bargain in the end.

Old 04-18-2019, 09:25 AM
8pack
Junior User
I sure hope so.....After talking to Jim (who was awesome) I was thinking selling it might be a better idea! HE thinks $2,400......yikes.....That said I am hoping there is minor rust repair necessary which is not cheap given I can't weld and by the time I bought just the tools and took the classes to learn it would be the same (although a good excuse to learn something new and buy new tools) but I don't have the bandwidth for it now.

Still hoping I can do it for less and maybe someone on here has a good connection.

Old 04-18-2019, 10:19 AM
raytasch
Old guy with old toys
raytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputation
Folks engaged in long distance transport of such as vehicles normally have established routes and can offer best rates when they remain thereon. Both old vehicles I have had moved were thru a broker. I received bids with way over a thousand dollars differences. The last vehicle I had shipped required two weeks before I got an acceptable bid. One of the trucker's loads did not materialize, he was within a few miles of my pickup and figured it was better to pick up an additional $700. than not get $700.
Unless I were shipping a 100 point show vehicle, I would go for bids. Just one old man's opinion.

Old 04-19-2019, 07:16 PM
8pack
Junior User
Originally Posted by raytasch View Post
Folks engaged in long distance transport of such as vehicles normally have established routes and can offer best rates when they remain thereon. Both old vehicles I have had moved were thru a broker. I received bids with way over a thousand dollars differences. The last vehicle I had shipped required two weeks before I got an acceptable bid. One of the trucker's loads did not materialize, he was within a few miles of my pickup and figured it was better to pick up an additional $700. than not get $700.
Unless I were shipping a 100 point show vehicle, I would go for bids. Just one old man's opinion.
Where do you solicit bids from? I was told that uship is not what it used to be and easy to get burned by.

Old 04-19-2019, 07:30 PM
bhalemail
Elder User
bhalemail has a good reputation on FTE.bhalemail has a good reputation on FTE.
Sent you a pm of who I've used multiple times

Old 04-20-2019, 05:32 AM
JimG1098
Posting Guru
JimG1098 is a name known to allJimG1098 is a name known to allJimG1098 is a name known to allJimG1098 is a name known to allJimG1098 is a name known to allJimG1098 is a name known to all
One of the going rates when i had my truck shipped from GA was $ 4.00 per mile.

Old 04-20-2019, 05:26 PM
ct50f1
Elder User
ct50f1 is a splendid one to beholdct50f1 is a splendid one to beholdct50f1 is a splendid one to beholdct50f1 is a splendid one to beholdct50f1 is a splendid one to beholdct50f1 is a splendid one to beholdct50f1 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 49willard View Post
If the truck is a good solid western example, the cost of shipping to Western Ma. will be a bargain in the end.
Back in 2008 I paid $1,200 to have my truck shipped from Denton, TX to Hartford, CT. There were plenty of dents but no rust to speak of so I figure I easily saved that much in body work. The shipper was from Denton so I don't know if they would pickup in Kansas but the name is Harwell Transport Co., (940) 387-5610.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.