Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

$3000-$3500 PCO received

Old 04-15-2019, 03:48 PM
overkill?
New User
overkill? is starting off with a positive reputation.
$3000-$3500 PCO received

FYI - I just got a $3000 to $3500 Private cash offer on a Super Duty so they are flowing again. This of course is useless to me as I purchased my (2nd) new Super Duty in Nov 18. Thanks Ford!

Old 04-15-2019, 03:58 PM
ForCal
Senior User
ForCal is starting off with a positive reputation.
I noticed a couple other members have recieved these in email. I wonder if that will be the only way this time, hopefully pop ups will start soon.

Old 04-15-2019, 04:19 PM
Firewolfs79F350
New User
Firewolfs79F350 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I've had my eye on a truck for a while but one of those PCO's would make me pull the trigger...and not be in as much trouble with the wife. Fingers crossed for the pop ups too. Did you happen to do anything special to receive the email? I'm borderline desperate

Old 04-15-2019, 04:21 PM
Poncho450
Posting Guru
Poncho450 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Poncho450 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I wonder what the criteria is to receive one? I've had at least 10 new Ford trucks since 1993, maybe more and I've only ever received one PCO. Which I did indeed use.
Do the Ford Truck gods just randomly rain these down on the unsuspecting?

Old 04-15-2019, 04:32 PM
HCSGuy
New User
HCSGuy is starting off with a positive reputation.
Weird that I got the same offer and terms, but $500 less. Why do they like you more than me?

Old 04-15-2019, 04:33 PM
Logie231
New User
Logie231 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I called Ford Marketing this morning to express my annoyance with the whole PCO concept... I sold my old truck a couple weeks ago and I'm ready to pull the trigger on a new one, but if they don't extend me a stupid PCO I'll probably go against all things holy and buy a Sierra just because Ford randomly seems to hand out discounts. I'm a 3x Ford customer and not receiving the discount really chaps my hide.

Old 04-15-2019, 06:15 PM
SD2
Senior User
SD2 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Having a PCO sure does make it easier to pull the trigger on buying a brand new truck.

Old 04-15-2019, 06:29 PM
LateBrake U2
Freshman User
LateBrake U2 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I rec'd one last month, but couldn't find the right truck before it expired. Have been trying to fish for one but thinking since i already got one they shut me out , and of course just found the right truck. If anyone comes across one they don't plan on using sure would appreciate it thanks!

Old 04-15-2019, 07:01 PM
brandon4
Elder User
brandon4 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.brandon4 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by overkill? View Post
FYI - I just got a $3000 to $3500 Private cash offer on a Super Duty so they are flowing again. This of course is useless to me as I purchased my (2nd) new Super Duty in Nov 18. Thanks Ford!

Via email? Unsolicited? Or was there a website?

Old 04-15-2019, 07:22 PM
ForCal
Senior User
ForCal is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Logie231 View Post
I called Ford Marketing this morning to express my annoyance with the whole PCO concept... I sold my old truck a couple weeks ago and I'm ready to pull the trigger on a new one, but if they don't extend me a stupid PCO I'll probably go against all things holy and buy a Sierra just because Ford randomly seems to hand out discounts. I'm a 3x Ford customer and not receiving the discount really chaps my hide.
Whats wrong with the PCO concept? Its a random, private offer incentive. Its not a reward for being a Ford owner and not a public offer thats intended for all potential customers. I don't think theres a single buyer that wouldn't want one, but I also know, and Im sure Ford knows, that there are plenty who will buy anyway.

I also called Ford marketing a couple months back, to try and increase my chances and ask why I was getting private offers for a model that I had no interest in. The basic answer I was given was that a 3rd party company is responsible for these "random" offers. The person I spoke with said she would request a brochure for me because they sometimes have offers in them. I never received any brochure. Being on this site gives you a good chance unless they only give this batch through email.

Old 04-15-2019, 07:29 PM
PaleRider01
New User
PaleRider01 is starting off with a positive reputation.
overkill, did you get that via an email or pop up? or ........

Old 04-15-2019, 08:09 PM
Dan D.
New User
Dan D. is starting off with a positive reputation.
Got mine today too... $2500+$500.

Old 04-15-2019, 08:11 PM
CPal
Senior User
CPal is starting off with a positive reputation.
For the canadians members, do any of you know if there anything that is comparable to PCO for us?

Old 04-15-2019, 08:22 PM
overkill?
New User
overkill? is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by PaleRider01 View Post
overkill, did you get that via an email or pop up? or ........
It was an email. I had signed up for "more information" or whatever back in Oct/Nov 2018 before my special-ordered 2019 showed up. I also called Ford marketing (the number is on this forum in a post somewhere) and told them I was interested and would buy in a month if they would send me a damn coupon. They said that (the PCO program) is controlled by an external market research company and that they could notify them but not authorize I get a PCO. I didnt, my truck came in, and 68k later it was mine.

As to why it was $3500, presumably they knew I had just spent a ton of money on a Ford truck and couldn't possibly use it, therefore saving Ford the cost while still meeting their coupon quota. HA.

I have no real idea how these PCOs work. My best guess is that they are seeking to boost sales in PA where I live and therefore started sending them out to people who had expressed interest in the past. Its possible they knew I ordered a truck and therefore was going to buy the dang thing even without a coupon, but that would mean they had their marketing department tied into their ordering and build system; highly unlikely.

For those seeking one, sign up for more info/get an brochure mailed to you, call the Ford marketing department (Ford central, not a dealer) and be charming, and go for a test drive scheduled through the same marketing department. Then pray you live in Chevy country where Ford is looking to juice their sales ahead of the 2020s coming to market.

Old 04-15-2019, 08:26 PM
JHForman812
Junior User
JHForman812 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by overkill? View Post
It was an email. I had signed up for "more information" or whatever back in Oct/Nov 2018 before my special-ordered 2019 showed up. I also called Ford marketing (the number is on this forum in a post somewhere) and told them I was interested and would buy in a month if they would send me a damn coupon. They said that (the PCO program) is controlled by an external market research company and that they could notify them but not authorize I get a PCO. I didnt, my truck came in, and 68k later it was mine.

As to why it was $3500, presumably they knew I had just spent a ton of money on a Ford truck and couldn't possibly use it, therefore saving Ford the cost while still meeting their coupon quota. HA.

I have no real idea how these PCOs work. My best guess is that they are seeking to boost sales in PA where I live and therefore started sending them out to people who had expressed interest in the past. Its possible they knew I ordered a truck and therefore was going to buy the dang thing even without a coupon, but that would mean they had their marketing department tied into their ordering and build system; highly unlikely.

For those seeking one, sign up for more info/get an brochure mailed to you, call the Ford marketing department (Ford central, not a dealer) and be charming, and go for a test drive scheduled through the same marketing department. Then pray you live in Chevy country where Ford is looking to juice their sales ahead of the 2020s coming to market.
do you have to fill out information like the pop up links were? If it requires filling out information, ill take if off your hands I just ordered a 2019 today

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.