Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs
Reload this Page >

Options for replacing 2002 Excursion family entertainment overhead console

Notices
Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Old 04-15-2019, 08:34 AM
armstrong001
New User
armstrong001 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.

I have a 2002 Excursion Limited, with what is apparently an early style overhead console with a family entertainment system (VCR in the lower console, long narrow console with a monitor rather than the T-shaped console). The previous owner removed the old monitor, and proceeded to bolt a metal bracket and wood support up in the roof to hold a regular tv monitor in place. This was pretty unsightly, and completely blocked any rear view I had, so I removed it. Unfortunately, they also covered the outside of the whole console with what looks like some kind of fiberglass covering or something (maybe to give it more strength?) which also covers the area where the screen was. Basically the whole console is in sad shape. I would also need to replace the dome light, compartment door, and rear climate controls along with filling the hole left by the screen.

Is there any other console from other models/years that will fit the holes I already have in the roof liner? Will the later style console fit the contours of the roof liner? Or am I limited to getting a whole new liner or find a replacement console from another early 2002 Excursion?

The console as it sits now. The middle section has the tan colored covering pulled off.

Bar code and part number on the inside of the console.

Old 04-15-2019, 10:45 AM
pirate4x4_camo
Post Fiend
pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.
Why not just repaint it, It doesn’t look damaged other then the paint peeling off.

a piece of 1/8 fiberboard cut to shape and painted to match will fill that hole just fine.

Old 04-15-2019, 06:47 PM
01__Excursion
Elder User
01__Excursion is a name known to all01__Excursion is a name known to all01__Excursion is a name known to all01__Excursion is a name known to all01__Excursion is a name known to all01__Excursion is a name known to all
I always liked that console over the T style.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.