Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

1953 truck bed mounting

Old 04-14-2019, 03:04 PM
5312firewalker
New User
5312firewalker is starting off with a positive reputation.
1953 truck bed mounting

im looking for how to mount my bed the right way and see all parts or know if i got them all i was not the person how removed it from frame.i replaced all bad panels now would like to mount it

Old 04-14-2019, 07:21 PM
Matts56F100
Freshman User
Matts56F100 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Here is a parts brake down. Mine has two different cross-members in the middle of the bed. I hope you have all the pieces and this helps.

Old 04-15-2019, 10:46 AM
jniolon
Postmaster
jniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant future
there are several good articles on the net for doing this. Mar-K has some good instructions as well as Horkey and Carpenter. I think even Mid-50 has some decent instructions. I used a combination of all of them

Matt, I thought the two center crossmembers were identical you just turned them opposite direction to take care of the curve in the frame rails and the fender bolts in that diagram are backwards.. the flat heads on the fender bolts are inserted in the bed wall with the flat on the inside of the bed and the nut under the fender.

john

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.