Notices

351W H.O. VS. 351W

Old 04-10-2019, 11:33 AM
TJDentside
New User
TJDentside is starting off with a positive reputation.
351W H.O. VS. 351W

I have and 84 351W H.O. That Iíve tried to find specs on but all Iíve been able to find is posts ranging from believe it or not for valves per cylinder to itís just a 4V engine versus a 2V. Some say it has the RV/marine grind cam some say it doesnít. I have read that the heads are different some say theyíre not . Pretty confusing actually . Iím putting the motor in a 79 F150 4 x 4 and would like to have a good sounding cam in it without sacrificing a lot of torque . Can anybody tell me about this motor? Thanks

Old 04-10-2019, 03:12 PM
Conanski
Post Fiend
Conanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant future
The 351HO is the standard motor with a bit bigger cam and a 4bbl intake and carb, it's got the same low compression heads and bottom as a regular 351w so it's only "HO" in comparison to the other boat anchors available at the time, later engines had higher compression and better heads.

Old 04-10-2019, 05:34 PM
Beechkid
Beechkid has much to be proud ofBeechkid has much to be proud ofBeechkid has much to be proud ofBeechkid has much to be proud ofBeechkid has much to be proud ofBeechkid has much to be proud ofBeechkid has much to be proud ofBeechkid has much to be proud ofBeechkid has much to be proud of
Agree with above!!!!!!!!! they are still good solid engines.

Old 04-17-2019, 10:20 AM
NZCOBRA
Junior User
NZCOBRA is starting off with a positive reputation.
Good motors , plenty of aftermarket support , a lot stronger than the 302s. Cheers

Old 04-17-2019, 10:35 AM
baddad457
Post Fiend
baddad457 has a great reputation on FTE.baddad457 has a great reputation on FTE.baddad457 has a great reputation on FTE.baddad457 has a great reputation on FTE.baddad457 has a great reputation on FTE.baddad457 has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by NZCOBRA View Post
Good motors , plenty of aftermarket support , a lot stronger than the 302s. Cheers
Might be true in New Zealand, but not in the USA.

Old 04-17-2019, 11:40 AM
NZCOBRA
Junior User
NZCOBRA is starting off with a positive reputation.
It looks like you've had a bad experience with old efi components and factory set ups looking at you old posts , it's definatly difficult sorting which sensor or engine part etc is causing all the hiccups, both my 351windsors , a 408 on Motec ecu and next year my 385 w truck engine will be running Motec . Got my 86 factory ecu and engine running pretty good now . I have to make do with my old truck those new ones down here cost a massive amount and they need to be changed to right hand drive .(not all ) Cheers,

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.