Notices
Modular V10 (6.8l)  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

loud sucking noise

Old 04-09-2019, 09:39 AM
luis migual
New User
luis migual is starting off with a positive reputation.
loud sucking noise

2002 ford f250 v10 Problem im having car sometimes stalls and i just turn it on with no problem and on cold start the motor idles weird. Has a loud sucking noise Ive checked every vacuum hose possible even the little red ones there's also a brand iacv on there and gasket. The only other thing is when you disconnect the iacv plug truck shuts off can the new iacv be bad also ? NEED HELP PLEASE

Old 04-09-2019, 03:00 PM
R&T Babich
Posting Guru
R&T Babich has a great reputation on FTE.R&T Babich has a great reputation on FTE.R&T Babich has a great reputation on FTE.R&T Babich has a great reputation on FTE.R&T Babich has a great reputation on FTE.R&T Babich has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by luis migual View Post
2002 ford f250 v10 Problem im having car sometimes stalls and i just turn it on with no problem and on cold start the motor idles weird. Has a loud sucking noise Ive checked every vacuum hose possible even the little red ones there's also a brand iacv on there and gasket. The only other thing is when you disconnect the iacv plug truck shuts off can the new iacv be bad also ? ...
Did you check the PCV hose close to the throttle body connection?
It's hard to see back there, but the elbows go bad.
At idle the only air getting into the engine is thru the IAC valve, the throttle body will be completely closed.

Old 04-09-2019, 03:15 PM
luis migual
New User
Originally Posted by R&T Babich View Post
Did you check the PCV hose close to the throttle body connection?
It's hard to see back there, but the elbows go bad.
At idle the only air getting into the engine is thru the IAC valve, the throttle body will be completely closed.
I even replaced the pcv and that hose. And what elbow are you talking about can you post a picture please

Old 04-09-2019, 09:42 PM
R&T Babich
Posting Guru
R&T Babich has a great reputation on FTE.R&T Babich has a great reputation on FTE.R&T Babich has a great reputation on FTE.R&T Babich has a great reputation on FTE.R&T Babich has a great reputation on FTE.R&T Babich has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by luis migual View Post
I even replaced the pcv and that hose. And what elbow are you talking about can you post a picture please
Most PCV hoses will have a 90 deg bend molded into the hose within a couple of inches of connecting to the throttle body, but isn't necessary if there is enough room.
I replaced mine with a brass elbow and straight reinforced hose.
Do you still get the loud sucking noise with the new hoses?
You could go thru and cap each vacuum port on the intake to see if the noise stops.
The intake is plastic and may have a crack.
What is the vacuum doing, have you tried a gauge on it?

Old 04-09-2019, 10:21 PM
luis migual
New User
i haven't tried capping each port I also sprayed everything down and disconnected checked and reconnected all the hoses to see if I had a vacuum leak and notting and it just,sounds load asf and makes the motor idle rough until it warms up and then if I drive once in awhile it stalls out not all the time.

Old 04-10-2019, 07:37 AM
Krewat
Admin Newbie
Krewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputation
Pull the intake hose off the throttle body, open the throttle and see how dirty it is...

Old 04-10-2019, 07:50 AM
luis migual
New User
I cleaned it yesterday with a tooth brush and carb cleaner. I'm going to try a smoke test today see hopefully I find something. If I dont find any leaks I hope I have a brand new Defective iacv.

Old 04-10-2019, 10:43 AM
luis migual
New User
Did the smoke test and smoke only comes out the little holes on the throttle body butterflies threw the intake. Can the new iacv be stuck open or defective if the truck is running and I unplug it the truck turns off. Any suggestions please

Old 04-19-2019, 06:38 AM
luis migual
New User
Update

Just installed another new iacv and only thing that changed is that the truck doesn't stall out now. Still has loud sucking vacuum noise and idles a little rough at times

Old 04-19-2019, 08:56 PM
super 6.8
Posting Guru
super 6.8 has a good reputation on FTE.super 6.8 has a good reputation on FTE.super 6.8 has a good reputation on FTE.
Did you disconnect the battery while you replaced the IAC? A reset of the computer might help if you didn't.

Old 04-19-2019, 09:19 PM
luis migual
New User
No I just drove it about 50miles to see if it would change but notting. I'll disconnect the battery in the morning see what happens thanks

Old 04-20-2019, 04:46 AM
JWA
Post Fiend
JWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputation
I'm a bit late to this thread but if this noise is loud can you not locate it? It seems to me that big a vacuum draw could be found rather easily.

A video would be extremely helpful here too maybe?

Old 04-20-2019, 06:41 PM
luis migual
New User
Well I disconnected the battery terminals for awhile ran & idled a little better but the loud sucking noise is still there. Idk how I'm going to find this leak

Old 04-20-2019, 07:04 PM
super 6.8
Posting Guru
super 6.8 has a good reputation on FTE.super 6.8 has a good reputation on FTE.super 6.8 has a good reputation on FTE.
I don't hear very well due to shooting guns my whole life but I find it hard to believe you have this loud noise under hood and you can't locate it.

I wonder if you have a crack in your intake manifold somewhere.

Old 04-20-2019, 07:13 PM
luis migual
New User
Well I tried a smoke test I tried spraying it down with starter fluid carb clear notting I mean I sprayed everything possible under the hood even replaced hoses just for ****s and giggles notting

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.