Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What size rancho shocks?

Old 04-08-2019, 11:16 AM
handshaker
New User
handshaker is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have dual 9000's all the way around with the in cab remote. Very nice setup. No crawling under to turn *****.

LMGTFY

Old 04-09-2019, 10:23 AM
BleedMichigan
Senior User
BleedMichigan is starting off with a positive reputation.
Put a set of Bilstiens on yesterday after removing the stock rear shocks. After 18 years they were weak. The Bilstiens are much better ride quality is good both with 5th wheel towing behind and without.

Old 05-16-2019, 09:21 AM
BillyBob69
Post Fiend
BillyBob69 is a splendid one to beholdBillyBob69 is a splendid one to beholdBillyBob69 is a splendid one to beholdBillyBob69 is a splendid one to beholdBillyBob69 is a splendid one to beholdBillyBob69 is a splendid one to beholdBillyBob69 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by jimjokjv View Post
I went with 5100 Bilsteins on my stock 4x4 and very glad I did. My truck is used for Elk hunting, hauling a 5th wheel and driving to the store. These shocks handle all those situations very well.

Oh, I bought them on amazon $140 for 4 of them.
DAYUM! Where on Amazon? Best I can find is about $320

Old 05-16-2019, 09:41 AM
Amicus
Senior User
Amicus is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by BillyBob69 View Post
DAYUM! Where on Amazon? Best I can find is about $320
DAYUM! x2

I have the Rancho 9000 on my rears. They feel a little bounce to me, even on the softest setting.

Old 05-16-2019, 10:11 AM
BillyBob69
Post Fiend
BillyBob69 is a splendid one to beholdBillyBob69 is a splendid one to beholdBillyBob69 is a splendid one to beholdBillyBob69 is a splendid one to beholdBillyBob69 is a splendid one to beholdBillyBob69 is a splendid one to beholdBillyBob69 is a splendid one to behold
I am about to pull the trigger on new front springs and figured that I would probably benefit from new shock too as I haven't changed them in the 13yrs I have owed this truck. Maybe a new stabilizer too. Just want the normal ride again. Suspension is stock.

Not looking for adjustable. My truck lives a simple life. Just hauls a horse trailer now and then ...about 20 bales of hay every 3 weeks or so...and the daily jaunt to the stores and sometimes work.

Old 05-16-2019, 01:41 PM
pirate4x4_camo
Post Fiend
pirate4x4_camo has a superb reputationpirate4x4_camo has a superb reputationpirate4x4_camo has a superb reputationpirate4x4_camo has a superb reputationpirate4x4_camo has a superb reputationpirate4x4_camo has a superb reputationpirate4x4_camo has a superb reputationpirate4x4_camo has a superb reputationpirate4x4_camo has a superb reputationpirate4x4_camo has a superb reputationpirate4x4_camo has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by BillyBob69 View Post
I am about to pull the trigger on new front springs and figured that I would probably benefit from new shock too as I haven't changed them in the 13yrs I have owed this truck. Maybe a new stabilizer too. Just want the normal ride again. Suspension is stock.

Not looking for adjustable. My truck lives a simple life. Just hauls a horse trailer now and then ...about 20 bales of hay every 3 weeks or so...and the daily jaunt to the stores and sometimes work.

why are you replacing your front springs ? exactly how much have they sagged from stock ?
13 years on what is most likely a very cheap twin tube shock is a very very long time, most dont last 3 years.

Old 05-16-2019, 02:28 PM
BillyBob69
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by pirate4x4_camo View Post
why are you replacing your front springs ? exactly how much have they sagged from stock ?
13 years on what is most likely a very cheap twin tube shock is a very very long time, most dont last 3 years.
Front springs are sagged BADLY..as in look like a sad face. Past being flat. So time for new 99 with 345K on the clock...its time. And I want to level the truck out instead of looking like a 70's high school hot rod.

Old 05-16-2019, 09:47 PM
brian42
Post Fiend
brian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant future
I’m not sure how much of a “frown” your front springs are but that seems close to a normal stance. Mine had a very slight frown to them (both my stockers and my ATS ones). It was just a little past flat.

The only reason I replaced them was because I broke a leaf in the stock springs...twice. After the second break I went to ATS.

Old 05-17-2019, 08:45 PM
jcrammell
Senior User
jcrammell has a very good reputation on FTE.jcrammell has a very good reputation on FTE.jcrammell has a very good reputation on FTE.jcrammell has a very good reputation on FTE.
I just replaced my Rancho 9000 XL's after 6 years. They were starting to get a little weak. With a lifetime warranty JC Whitney replaced them no questions asked. Plus they're made in USA. I haven't had any issues with the Rancho's. feel good towing, unloaded doesn't t ,matter. I like them a lot.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.