2015 - 2020 F150 Discuss the 2015 - 2020 Ford F150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Let’s talk about what we LIKE about our F-150s...

Old 03-28-2019, 11:07 AM
onug
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Let’s talk about what we LIKE about our F-150s...

So I started a thread earlier this week about the three years with my truck. As we often do, the conversation migrated to issues. Looking at the other active threads right now, they’re mainly focused on issues. I know this is normal for forums, but how about we also talk about what we like!

So...please reply with things you’re happy with on your truck. Big or small, just keep it positive!

I’ll go first...I like:
- No rattles or squeaks.
- A comfortable, heated seat. I can drive 8-10hrs without any issues, and my back isn’t in the best shape.
- The entry keypad - it is so nice not having to go find my keys when I need to get something out of my locked truck!
- The quiet cab. Road noise is the first thing I notice in any other vehicle.
- Boost...
- The tailgate step. I didn’t get this in my current truck and I miss it dearly. I had it in my SD and it was amazing. It’s the only accessory I’d add if I ordered a new truck today.
- I love the interior design and material quality. It is starting to feel dated, but I can see influences in the new Ram design and GM has yet to even come close (IMHO).

Okay, your turn!

Old 03-28-2019, 12:01 PM
biz4two
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Arrow

I'll keep it positive and simple...

Everything (minus the Sync3) Seriously, I absolutely love my truck! I special ordered it with everything I wanted/needed and happy I did.

biz

Old 03-28-2019, 12:25 PM
ecoboost12
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I Like:

Quiet ride for a truck
Steering is real responsive, and handles Unbelievable.
Acceleration, Like a sports car
With a tune it really woke the truck up, With better throttle response and Trans Shifting.
I find the 12 way Power seats very comfortable.
It tows and handles very good.
Great gas mileage 18-22 on highway and 15-16 on short trips
Great Visibility, Good Sound system.
8in screen and sync 3 with nav is a great option
Remote start is Great as well as the other power options.
6.5 ft. box is handy, with bed lighting and third light on cab
Reverse sensing and Backup camera
Keyless entry on Door is Sweet

Last edited by ecoboost12; 03-28-2019 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Miss Phrased
Old 03-28-2019, 02:48 PM
Wiggums
Posting Guru
Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
I no longer own the F-150, I now own a brand-new 2019 Silverado SLT so I'm basically comparing the two here... as for the Ford F-150 XLT with the 5.0...

Remote start shows green light to let me know (my new Chevy has remote start, but I need to go out and check)

Keypad on the door, I loved leaving keys inside before going on long trips and knowing my keys are safe

Stability on the road is much better, my Silverado downshifts unexpectedly sometimes, causing the back to hop off about a foot or two, causing me to nearly hit things

Better ergonomics inside, Ford's buttons were easy to find, with the Chevy, I have to look for it, there are 7 buttons in a row and I have to look while Ford had them differently shaped from each other

Frankly, I'm not impressed with the Silverado. I thought it'd be great since it was an all-new design but.. ugh. Feeling pretty stupid right now.

Old 03-28-2019, 03:24 PM
JKBrad
Received 799 Likes on 585 Posts
Smooth ride, especially with the 157” WB

Great seats, even though it’s an XLT. They are 10 way power though

Sport mode

The EcoBoost torque curve

Mirror spotlights. I live in a rural area and they are nice to have

Bed lighting. This and the mirror lights I thought I’d never use. They’re both great

The standard halogen headlights. They work surprisingly well when adjusted

Lots of interior storage

Great viibilty. No big blind spots

Stil realtively easy to to basic maintenance at home

Old 03-28-2019, 04:01 PM
GABAR
Lead Driver
Received 236 Likes on 184 Posts
Smooth ride, relatively quiet interior, strong and smooth 5.0 engine with great MPG’s to me which is currently at 22 MPG combined, OEM LED lighting, and one of my favorite features of all....Intelligent Access.

Old 03-28-2019, 05:49 PM
stufarmer
Elder User
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I have a 17' F150 Lariat, 4wd CC 5.0 and a 17' F350 Platinum, 4wd 6.7. The 150 is my daily and the 350 does the Hauling and Towing. I think the LED Headlights are awesome, better than my wife's Mercedes (zion) ?? or what ever they're called. They're equally comfortable and quiet, the 150 has sufficient power, I have no issues with either of the Sync 3 systems, adaptive cruise is my best friend, the flat rear floor is a wonderful thing, the 36 gallon tank on the 150 is worth what ever it cost, the 150's 4 high works well in the heavy Florida rains .. Idk, they're both great trucks. If they weren't, I buy the ones that were ..

Old 03-28-2019, 06:10 PM
IndyDog
More Turbo
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Great Topic!

Quiet ride, my wife would rather be in this for a trip than her Beemer...me too.
8" screen, however it is kinda pedestrian at best compared to some others.
Comfortable seats even though I have a STX (XL) and few adjustments
Tailgate step...nice!
Handles shockingly well
Solid construction
Feels like a quality vehicle that much thought was put into...design & execution.
Aluminum body, gonna love it in a few years when the rust would normally be setting in above the wheel wells.
I just love it so far (except the turning radius...sorry )

Old 03-28-2019, 06:19 PM
FORD COASTIE
Supporter of Patriotism
Received 2,358 Likes on 1,706 Posts
Seat comfort, keypad on door, looks of the truck, Ecoboost power, fuel mileage, tailgate step, large console, 36 gallon tank, Sync Connect and push button start.

Old 03-29-2019, 05:45 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,218 Likes on 801 Posts
No payments for the last three years and counting. I'm approaching 91K miles and I'm hoping that this is about midlife.

Old 03-29-2019, 09:53 AM
bedwards
Senior User
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
seems to be built well, has good solid sound to the doors, tailgate, windows
smooth ride
handles more like a car
comfortable interior
quiet
very powerful
good view
never thought I would like it but the Sync3 works well and is very useful
leather seems higher quality than past vehicles (its Katzkin though)
I like the appearance
so far no real complaints

Old 03-29-2019, 12:41 PM
GlueGuy
Lead Driver
Received 211 Likes on 177 Posts
Quiet ride. Ecoboost power. Tows like a mule. Love the ride height. Ecoboost power. Box side steps. Ecoboost power. Better MPG than my SO's Tacoma. Ecoboost power. 36 gallon tank. Oh, and Ecoboost power.

Old 03-29-2019, 12:45 PM
miner999r
Tuned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like my truck, it runs pretty much flawlessly. Transitioned to Ford in the late 90's and have had good service from those vehicles even past 350,000 Kms.
A joy to drive
The 3.5 EB is a great engine (great V8 sound effects), the performance capability for an off the lot truck is stuff that most (not wealthy) hot rod modders could only dream of not so long ago.
Ok with the fuel burn rate considering the thing is nearly a 6,000 Lb brick with nearly 400 Hp (why anyone complains is beyond me)
Like the auto start / stop (why burn gas at those loooong lights), one push of a switch if you want it off.
Great stereo that is wasted on me, rarely use it as I prefer the silence and peace to think about things.
Like the ability to link devices as on long trips I like to have audible books reading to me and being able to use map features (the trucks Nav Maps are out of date and there seems to be no way to update them?)
The 10 spd is smooth as butter and I like the shift modes for varied conditions
I like bells and whistles, switches and gauges
Like the BLIS and backup camera
Like the power fold mirrors, etc.
Like the auto wipers and auto headlights
Looking forward to pulling my trailer (usually pull around 6,000 Lbs because payload capacity is the limitation leaving very little room at the trailers GVW of 7250 Lbs)
Good brakes
It's more comfortable on long trips than my 2013 track pack mustang.
Like the folding running boards that came with it (something I would never have added aftermarket)
No need for any modding except I have a tonneau cover and added tailgate and box sealing to minimize dust being sucked in. No big wheels or lifts for me got that out of my system a long time ago and I want to protect resale.
I like the tan interior as opposed to the black (you can see and find your stuff instead of groping in the darkness)

Now for the (useless) Coulda / Wisha / Shoulda's
Have the white gold which hides dirt fairly well (secretly wish I would have chosen ruby red).
Have a well equipped Lariat but secretly wish I had the lane keeping / adaptive cruise, etc.
Wish I had paid more attention to payload capability (but don't pull the trailer that often so I just take care about load distribution and use CAT scales)

Old 03-29-2019, 02:15 PM
PupnDuck
Fleet Mechanic
Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts
Comfortable seats, heated steering wheel, 36 gallon fuel tank and tailgate step.

Old 03-29-2019, 02:29 PM
Midnightmoon
Tuned
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
36 gal tank and the 3.5L Ecoboost/10-speed combo combine for over 600 mile range in my normal commute. I love being able to go 2 weeks to work and not have to worry about fuel.

I love the interior. Definitely friendly for a larger person. Getting to like the Sync 3. Love the door keypad and the large center console.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Let’s talk about what we LIKE about our F-150s...