1980 - 1986 Bullnose F100, F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Early Eighties Bullnose Ford Truck

'85 f150 parts truck

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2019, 12:24 PM
Kramercd
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Mitchapalooza85
Do you have the Fender Emblems? My passenger side "F150 & XLT" emblems feel off.
For sure have at least one, will get pictures posted.

Old 03-29-2019, 04:25 PM
Kramercd
FTE Chapter Leader

I got lucky, can upload from computer again, phone still won't even pretend to try. See how these look to you guys.

Old 03-29-2019, 08:02 PM
ctubutis
Received 72 Likes on 56 Posts
The fenders are sideways, but maybe that's by design?

Old 03-29-2019, 10:00 PM
Kramercd
FTE Chapter Leader
Originally Posted by ctubutis
The fenders are sideways, but maybe that's by design?
Got them leaned against the wall. That did make me think of something I saw that was pretty neat. Have you seen the vehicles where they chopped two and put both fronts on. Have seen cars and trucks that way. When you go to pass them they look like they are driving in reverse.

Old 04-01-2019, 06:47 AM
Mitchapalooza85
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kramercd
For sure have at least one, will get pictures posted.
Awesome! Yea I can take that off your hands.

Old 04-01-2019, 01:33 PM
Kramercd
FTE Chapter Leader
Originally Posted by Mitchapalooza85
Awesome! Yea I can take that off your hands.
Private message me your address, or if unable email it to me at cliftonkramer1@gmail.com

Old 05-26-2019, 02:23 AM
Kramercd
FTE Chapter Leader
Anyone ever decide if they need a frame, got two guys who want it, one even offered me $150. Buuuuut they want to chop it and build a trailer and I hate to see it wasted like that.

Old 05-26-2019, 07:28 AM
The_Scatch
Senior User
Interior trim is a struggle for sure. Lucky you find a decent parts truck. I need A-pillar trim, and maybe the seat belt retractor covers and it's like pulling teeth. I put a wanted ad on route 28 junk yard website.

Someone seriously needs to fire up a 3D printer and make some trim panels. I've been considering trying to see if I can force fit 90's model trim.

Old 05-26-2019, 08:14 AM
FuzzFace2
Fleet Owner
Received 2,088 Likes on 1,781 Posts
Anyone ever decide if they need a frame, got two guys who want it, one even offered me $150. Buuuuut they want to chop it and build a trailer and I hate to see it wasted like that.
I hear you on hate to see it cut up if in good shape but how long do you want to trip over it?

I had one from my parts truck and lucked out that someone up north (MI?) needed it. I gave it to him he had to set up and pay for shipping.
I don't know what that ran him but I no loner had to worry when it would fall over, had it up on the side to take up less room, or how I was going to get rid of it.
The best part I was able to help a member out of a jam, or was that get deeper in?

Now if mine was a short bed frame I would have held on to it and used it for a CV front clip project and then taken my body & box and dropped it on that frame.
Good luck.
Dave ----

Old 05-26-2019, 11:09 AM
Kramercd
FTE Chapter Leader
Originally Posted by The_Scatch
Interior trim is a struggle for sure. Lucky you find a decent parts truck. I need A-pillar trim, and maybe the seat belt retractor covers and it's like pulling teeth. I put a wanted ad on route 28 junk yard website.

Someone seriously needs to fire up a 3D printer and make some trim panels. I've been considering trying to see if I can force fit 90's model trim.
Your trim missing completely or just rough?

Old 05-26-2019, 01:56 PM
The_Scatch
Senior User
Your trim missing completely or just rough?

My a pillars are cracked at the top. I may have the broken piece somewhere for the passenger side to try expoxy back but the drivers is gone.

My seat belt retractor covers are rough, you can scratch the top layer off so I figured I'd sand them smooth. Part of my lower a pillar trim is like that too but I'm not worried about that piece.

Old 05-26-2019, 03:20 PM
Kramercd
FTE Chapter Leader
My a pillars are cracked at the top. I may have the broken piece somewhere for the passenger side to try expoxy back but the drivers is gone.

My seat belt retractor covers are rough, you can scratch the top layer off so I figured I'd sand them smooth. Part of my lower a pillar trim is like that too but I'm not worried about that piece.

Post pictures of all your trim you are unhappy with. I'm going to use all the interior from the parts truck. And I'll compare the ones from my truck to yours and see if my good ones match your bad ones.

Old 05-26-2019, 03:22 PM
Kramercd
FTE Chapter Leader
Also, have you ever welded plastic with a soldering iron? Not hard, just tedious, look it up on YouTube. It depends on the type of plasctic, but I've had pretty good luck so far.

Old 05-26-2019, 10:57 PM
The_Scatch
Senior User
Also, have you ever welded plastic with a soldering iron? Not hard, just tedious, look it up on YouTube. It depends on the type of plasctic, but I've had pretty good luck so far.

I'll give that a shot. The driver's A pillar I don't have the missing broken section shown in the picture, that also happens to be the spot where the screw goes.

Old 05-26-2019, 11:08 PM
Kramercd
FTE Chapter Leader
I'll give that a shot. The driver's A pillar I don't have the missing broken section shown in the picture, that also happens to be the spot where the screw goes.
I'll check mine.

Quick Reply: '85 f150 parts truck