Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Need cowl vent for '50 F1; can trade gauges and sending units

 
  #1  
Old 03-24-2019, 12:21 PM
lindsayspop
lindsayspop is online now
New User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Omaha
Posts: 5
lindsayspop is starting off with a positive reputation.
Need cowl vent for '50 F1; can trade gauges and sending units

The cowl vent on our project truck is rusted through on the underside. Need a replacement to mate with upper sheet metal. If interested, I have original 6V gauges and sending units if interested in a swap.Thanks.
 
  #2  
Old 03-26-2019, 02:41 AM
OK F1's Avatar
OK F1
OK F1 is offline
Senior User
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tuttle, OK
Posts: 155
OK F1 has a good reputation on FTE.OK F1 has a good reputation on FTE.OK F1 has a good reputation on FTE.
I'll Send you mine!

(I tried to PM you, but it seems you may be locked out of the PM feature until you reached the minimum number of posts).

I just filled the cowl vent in my 50 F-1. I am installing A/C, and I plan on having A LOT of wires under the dash for my EFI set up and chassis wiring and such. If you'll email me by clicking on my username above and selecting the email me option, I will send you everything. Heck, I'll even clean it up and blast it before I mail it if you want.

I don't need anything in return. Just keep your eyes open for other members who may need something you have and aren't going to use. Then pay it forward.

Good luck with your project!

Here are a couple of pics of my cowl, before and after. I'll snap some pics of the parts and post them here before I mail them, so you will know what to expect.

 
  #3  
Old 03-26-2019, 02:30 PM
lindsayspop
lindsayspop is online now
New User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Omaha
Posts: 5
lindsayspop is starting off with a positive reputation.
Not sure this is redundant but I tried to find your email link by clicking on your user name but couldn't so I sent you a reply listing my email address. Now I don't see it so it might have been flagged for containing that info.
 
  #4  
Old 03-26-2019, 04:05 PM
bhalemail
bhalemail is offline
Elder User
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Central PA
Posts: 617
bhalemail has a good reputation on FTE.bhalemail has a good reputation on FTE.
Awesome gesture on your part! I did this several time on parts that i know i could've gotten a little money for but it sure does make you feel better when you're able to help someone out.
Hopefully your parts can live on in other project. That's how i like to think of it. I also appreciate very much the vendors (some within our group) that do this for profit and completely understand. For me i don't have enough stuff to make it worth my trouble and even when i have sold a few things here and there i usually end up losing money due to underestimating shipping.

Originally Posted by OK F1 View Post
(I tried to PM you, but it seems you may be locked out of the PM feature until you reached the minimum number of posts).

I just filled the cowl vent in my 50 F-1. I am installing A/C, and I plan on having A LOT of wires under the dash for my EFI set up and chassis wiring and such. If you'll email me by clicking on my username above and selecting the email me option, I will send you everything. Heck, I'll even clean it up and blast it before I mail it if you want.

I don't need anything in return. Just keep your eyes open for other members who may need something you have and aren't going to use. Then pay it forward.

Good luck with your project!

Here are a couple of pics of my cowl, before and after. I'll snap some pics of the parts and post them here before I mail them, so you will know what to expect.
 
  #5  
Old 03-26-2019, 04:20 PM
OK F1's Avatar
OK F1
OK F1 is offline
Senior User
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tuttle, OK
Posts: 155
OK F1 has a good reputation on FTE.OK F1 has a good reputation on FTE.OK F1 has a good reputation on FTE.
Yeah, I’ve sat at swap meets for days with prices that I though were akin to giving the items away, only to get “bargained” down so I could “help” someone with their project only to find my part on their table a few hours later!

I’d rather help someone here because I know it’s going to live on in another F-1.

Originally Posted by bhalemail View Post
Awesome gesture on your part! I did this several time on parts that i know i could've gotten a little money for but it sure does make you feel better when you're able to help someone out.
Hopefully your parts can live on in other project. That's how i like to think of it. I also appreciate very much the vendors (some within our group) that do this for profit and completely understand. For me i don't have enough stuff to make it worth my trouble and even when i have sold a few things here and there i usually end up losing money due to underestimating shipping.
 
  #6  
Old 03-26-2019, 04:22 PM
bhalemail
bhalemail is offline
Elder User
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Central PA
Posts: 617
bhalemail has a good reputation on FTE.bhalemail has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by OK F1 View Post
Yeah, I’ve sat at swap meets for days with prices that I though were akin to giving the items away, only to get “bargained” down so I could “help” someone with their project only to find my part on their table a few hours later!

I’d rather help someone here because I know it’s going to live on in another F-1.

LOL, that reminds me...Carlisle in a few weeks.
 
  #7  
Old 03-26-2019, 04:32 PM
OK F1's Avatar
OK F1
OK F1 is offline
Senior User
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tuttle, OK
Posts: 155
OK F1 has a good reputation on FTE.OK F1 has a good reputation on FTE.OK F1 has a good reputation on FTE.
Ok, i got your message and sent you a reply with a pic of the vent lid and the mechanism.

Originally Posted by lindsayspop View Post
Not sure this is redundant but I tried to find your email link by clicking on your user name but couldn't so I sent you a reply listing my email address. Now I don't see it so it might have been flagged for containing that info.
 
  #8  
Old 04-02-2019, 09:36 AM
lindsayspop
lindsayspop is online now
New User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Omaha
Posts: 5
lindsayspop is starting off with a positive reputation.
Kreg:
Saw your latest message about deleting my email address. Thanks for doing that. Didn't know how else to get it to you since I can't PM yet. Assuming you sent the vent assembly already I really want you to let me pay for shipping, packing and whatever.
Thanks
Phil
 
  #9  
Old 04-02-2019, 11:59 AM
FortyNiner's Avatar
FortyNiner
FortyNiner is offline
Postmaster
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: u-rah-rah Wisconsin
Posts: 3,813
FortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud of
Well done, Kreg!
 
  #10  
Old 04-03-2019, 02:06 AM
OK F1's Avatar
OK F1
OK F1 is offline
Senior User
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tuttle, OK
Posts: 155
OK F1 has a good reputation on FTE.OK F1 has a good reputation on FTE.OK F1 has a good reputation on FTE.
email sent!
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.