Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Down draft tube for 1951 239

Old 03-24-2019, 08:27 AM
ynot321AB1
Freshman User
ynot321AB1 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Down draft tube for 1951 239

I have emailed LMC and NPD and MAC trying to find this tube and all I get is sorry. Can anyone advise where to find one?

Old 03-24-2019, 10:26 AM
Jersey devil
Junior User
Jersey devil is starting off with a positive reputation.
Try Chris at Shoebox Central 405-259-9222. Chris is great guy, very knowledgeable and has both new and used parts.

hope this helps

tom

Old 03-24-2019, 11:36 AM
ynot321AB1
Freshman User
ynot321AB1 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Hope this gets to the right person

THANK YOU FOR THE HELP IT IS APPRECIATED

Old 03-25-2019, 02:58 AM
OK F1
Senior User
OK F1 has a good reputation on FTE.OK F1 has a good reputation on FTE.OK F1 has a good reputation on FTE.
PCV Conversion

Are you looking to replace the road draft tube for originality or just for function?

Before I swapped my flathead for a 5.0, I machined a plug for the road draft tube and fit a PCV valve to it to pull the crankcase pressure out of the lower end of the motor. My road draft tube was clogged (well the upper half that I had was) and didn't function well. I was experiencing significant blow-by causing minor leaks and smoky exhaust. Once the conversion was done, all the blow-by and smoking was eliminated. It was almost a miracle cure!

If you are interested, here is a link to a similar unit for sale on ebay:

PCV Conversion

Here is the picture of the one I made (This was prior to installing to test the interference fit so it isn't fully inserted in the manifold)

Old 03-25-2019, 01:27 PM
CharlieLed
Post Fiend
CharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant future
Road draft tubes have been outlawed in Calif for decades...it is such a source of air pollutants that I would figure that all states have jumped on the bandwagon by now. The rig that OK F1 shows essentially redirects the blow-by from the crankcase back into the air intake flow. Much cleaner solution.

Old 03-25-2019, 01:46 PM
chriscris
Senior User
chriscris is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.

I have an extra if you end up still needing one.
$20 plus shipping

Last edited by chriscris; 03-26-2019 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Added
Old 04-05-2019, 05:18 AM
leonharu
Elder User
leonharu is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.leonharu is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.