1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

You Need Proof (Worldwide Movement)

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2019, 10:48 AM
Batman7777
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You Need Proof (Worldwide Movement)

Someone will likely move this thread, but maybe others might see it before they do.

I wrote this on another thread, but because I think it is so important, I want to post it here.

Anytime there is a warranty claim issue, their first defense is to try and blame it on the customer. Next, they'll see if there are other ways to get out of it.

We all know this story too well and have heard it too often. Protect yourself.. Take pics of everything, keep a log, keep receipts, get a dash cam (front and rear) to record video and audio. You might need it.

Dash CAM recommendation: https://www.us.thinkware.com/product

You need proof...

Worldwide, people are getting Dash CAMs to protect themselves. Only the USA is just now getting in on the need to prove what happened in traffic incidents and shop supervisor scams.
Men and women are getting taken by shops and dealers. A dash cam records video and audio of the event.

On the street you need proof if an incident occurs. He said, she said will not hold up.
Dash cams are heavily used in other countries. Only now is the US catching on.
Protect yourself.

Old 03-22-2019, 08:24 AM
speedfreak78
Cargo Master
Received 423 Likes on 338 Posts
Paranoia like this is what govt. wants. What's better then a mass population voluntarily recording it's every move to be used against them whenever they see fit? We're slowly giving up our rights to privacy and the majority of the populace is perfectly fine with this. I won't even own a vehicle with any nav/sat/GPS connection. There's plenty of other ways to prove fault or innocence.

Old 03-22-2019, 08:30 AM
Chuck-B
6.7 Weight Loss
Originally Posted by Batman7777
Someone will likely move this thread, but maybe others might see it before they do.

I wrote this on another thread, but because I think it is so important, I want to post it here.

Anytime there is a warranty claim issue, their first defense is to try and blame it on the customer. Next, they'll see if there are other ways to get out of it.

We all know this story too well and have heard it too often. Protect yourself.. Take pics of everything, keep a log, keep receipts, get a dash cam (front and rear) to record video and audio. You might need it..
I posted this on your other thread - thankfully I have 2 dealers in my area that do exactly the opposite. They do everything in their power to fit the issue into a warranty claim. They even keep the "ticket" opened so that I avoid paying another $100.00 deductible.

That doesn't mean that this isn't sound advice, not only for auto dealers but for any situation where you're looking to make a warranty claim. Unfortunately not all dealers are as amenable as the ones I take my truck to and as you state will do everything they can to make you pay. You should do whatever you can to protect yourself and take as many pictures as you see fit.

Old 03-22-2019, 08:49 AM
Batman7777
Elder User
Recently, I had a car pass me on a highway, pulled in front of me and hit the brakes. Fortunately, I was paying attention and avoided hitting the vehicle. I went around it and looked over. I saw what looked like an 18 year old girl with a long pony tail laughing at me. Silver Ford Focus with no bumper. I had to wonder if that was the same reason she lost the bumper and trying for another. Without a camera I would have no proof and would be deemed at fault. This really happened just a couple months ago.

The first thing they are going to do is lie and make you the fault.

My house was vandalized several times by neighborhood punks (This is an upscale neighborhood). We knew who it was, went to the parents (what-a-joke) and called the cops. The cops can't touch them and told me you need proof. So I bought several cameras with night vision and mounted them outside. Guess what? Sure enough, it happened again and this time I had them on video. The cops told me the video quality has to be good. It can't be fuzzy or that will be the first way they'll get out of it.

Don't be a victim. Don't be easy pickens or an easy target.

The Super Duty truck or whatever you have needs a watchful eye. They are very BIG $$$ and worth your protection.

Old 03-23-2019, 09:39 AM
speakerfritz
Hotshot
Received 978 Likes on 753 Posts
Originally Posted by Chuck-B
I - thankfully I have 2 dealers in my area that do exactly the opposite. They do everything in their power to fit the issue into a warranty claim. They even keep the "ticket" opened so that I avoid paying another $100.00
I would love to see a list on this forum of the pro customer dealerships vs the ones that don’t want warranty money becuase it’s too far below their posted hourly bill rate....so they do everything they can to disqualify repairs.