Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Are our Mid West FTE Brethren High and Dry and Safe?

Old 03-18-2019, 05:34 PM
abe
Post Fiend
abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.
Are our Mid West FTE Brethren High and Dry and Safe?

I have the news on as I am doing some chores in the house and I had to think about the flooding in Nebraska, Iowa and anywhere along the Missouri River watershed. Please check in and let us know if you and your family is safe!

Old 03-18-2019, 05:56 PM
Harrier
Post Fiend
Harrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant future
I have a friend in the Omaha area that has water in his basement almost to the first floor. He is not allowed to go into the house.
I assume Dave is somewhat ok, I don't think he is that close to a river.
Central Missouri hasn't been hit yet. It won't be near as bad though. I'm on high ground, so I'm good. The town I grew up in and currently work in, Jeff City, was hit very hard in 1993 (I lived in Wichita at that time)
Here are a couple of pictures from 93

This was the only way across the MO River for 40-50 miles. The highway was gone and they shut down the city (Cedar City) that was there.

This is where the flood summit was supposed to be held. No one could get to it. The hotel in the foreground has flood gates on the parking garage. The water came up too fast to close them in time.

Old 03-18-2019, 06:26 PM
52 USCG Panel
Posting Guru
52 USCG Panel is a name known to all52 USCG Panel is a name known to all52 USCG Panel is a name known to all52 USCG Panel is a name known to all52 USCG Panel is a name known to all52 USCG Panel is a name known to all
We still have 19 inches of snow cover in the Wisconsin Northwoods, so flooding, if it occurs, is still a week or two away.

Jim

Old 03-18-2019, 06:27 PM
thundersnow70
Posting Guru
thundersnow70 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.thundersnow70 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Thanks for asking Abe, everything is pretty good in south east SD. It has been a perfect combination for a nasty spring. Big snow piling up all winter, then last week came over two inches of rain and temps high enough to melt the snow pack. Nebraska got hammered with the raging water run off from upstream because they didn't have much snow to soak up the rain. Then to make matters worse two dams let go and a levy or two iirc. Nebraska is a mess, SD has the usual flooding, roads washed out, water in basements.

Old 03-18-2019, 09:22 PM
fladoodle
Senior User
fladoodle has a good reputation on FTE.fladoodle has a good reputation on FTE.
I know you didn't necessarily include us, but Minnesota/ND hasn't gotten it quite yet. However, we are expected to flood pretty good this spring, and they're already setting up volunteers for sandbagging. Predicting this'll be as bad as we have had since 2009(?)

Old 03-18-2019, 09:35 PM
jeff54f250
Freshman User
jeff54f250 is starting off with a positive reputation.
The rivers here in SE Iowa are either full or out of their banks. Luckily I am not in a flood plain. Hopefully the recent streak of dry weather continues. There is a reservoir about 30 miles away that they are expecting to reach within 4' from topping the emergency spillway. It was at the top of it this past fall without going over. Things in far western Iowa don't look good right now.

Old 03-19-2019, 04:46 AM
thepitshop
Elder User
thepitshop is a splendid one to beholdthepitshop is a splendid one to beholdthepitshop is a splendid one to beholdthepitshop is a splendid one to beholdthepitshop is a splendid one to beholdthepitshop is a splendid one to beholdthepitshop is a splendid one to beholdthepitshop is a splendid one to behold
What a mess!

Old 03-19-2019, 10:37 AM
bjmayberry2
Postmaster
bjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant future
Thanks for asking Abe. The rivers near St Louis are pretty much at or near flood stage. But there are very few cities, so far, in trouble. The ice moving down the rivers is a big problem because it gets stuck on, in, under bridges and then causes flooding that canít be predicted. Keep in mind that everyone along the Mississippi River gets this deluge. My wifeís from New Orleans and they already have Very High water.

Old 03-24-2019, 01:26 PM
bjmayberry2
Postmaster
bjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant future
Water’s rising! Couple of towns north of St Louis are having flooding issues as well as a few state roads have standing water and are closed due to the rivers & creeks swelling beyond their banks . Supposed to rain some tonight so we’ll see if that’s gonna be insult to injury for those already having water issues.

Old 03-24-2019, 04:07 PM
abe
Post Fiend
abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.
Thanks for the update, BJ. Stay dry yourself!

Old 03-25-2019, 03:11 AM
fish pond
Senior User
fish pond has a good reputation on FTE.fish pond has a good reputation on FTE.
NPR told me Nebraska has more rivers and streams than any state in the Union ,
over 80,000 miles of them, that data was a shock to me, being from the water winter wonderland as Michigan usta be called.
Greg

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.