2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Still no truck...

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2019, 10:40 AM
Bohojo
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Still no truck...

The carrier that delivers the truck from the rail yard to the dealer says they are waiting for a replacement Key Fob.

Built on 1/30

FINALLY left the KY plant on 2/16.

Arrived in Birmingham on or around 2/21.

Its now apperantly been sitting at United Road’s /CSX tail ramp for the last month because of a lost Key Fob.

Finding this out, has officially pushed me past “anxious” to increasingly “aggrevated”.
😠😠😠😠😠

Old 03-18-2019, 10:49 AM
DisplacedFlatlander
New User
That’s unbelievable. I hope they get this fixed for you soon!

Old 03-18-2019, 11:02 AM
kry226
Fleet Mechanic
Received 385 Likes on 215 Posts
Originally Posted by DisplacedFlatlander
That’s unbelievable. I hope they get this fixed for you soon!
Me too. I'd be raising holy hades. What's your dealer doing about it? Have you paid any money yet? Do they know they're risking the sale of a truck? If it were me, my dealer would produce that truck with a QUICKNESS or I'd be walking.

Old 03-18-2019, 11:03 AM
JJgrames
New User
I ordered Jan 4 it was built 1-24 and it's still sitting at the factory.

Old 03-18-2019, 07:00 PM
acadianbob
Cargo Master
Received 531 Likes on 300 Posts
It's hard enough to wait without this happening. Hope it resolves for you soon.

Old 03-18-2019, 07:37 PM
davew593
Junior User
DAMN! Hang in there hopefully it's not too much longer.

Old 03-18-2019, 08:04 PM
Blwnsmoke
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by kry226
Me too. I'd be raising holy hades. What's your dealer doing about it? Have you paid any money yet? Do they know they're risking the sale of a truck? If it were me, my dealer would produce that truck with a QUICKNESS or I'd be walking.
Lmao, I love these types of posts.. NO your dealer would not produce that truck with a quickness when the shipper has it. Your dealer has ZERO control over what the shipper does or how fast they get it to you. Once Ford releases it, Ford nor the dealer has any control whether you like it or not. But... great post.

Old 03-18-2019, 08:06 PM
Blwnsmoke
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Bohojo
The carrier that delivers the truck from the rail yard to the dealer says they are waiting for a replacement Key Fob.

Built on 1/30

FINALLY left the KY plant on 2/16.

Arrived in Birmingham on or around 2/21.

Its now apperantly been sitting at United Road’s /CSX tail ramp for the last month because of a lost Key Fob.

Finding this out, has officially pushed me past “anxious” to increasingly “aggrevated”.
😠😠😠😠😠
This is interesting. Did they "lose" both keys? If so, they can't get a new one programmed without a dealership doing it. I have no idea how they will get it unless a local dealer to your truck gets it towed to them for programming.

Are you sure your dealer is being honest with you?

Old 03-19-2019, 01:08 AM
kry226
Fleet Mechanic
Received 385 Likes on 215 Posts
Originally Posted by Blwnsmoke
Lmao, I love these types of posts.. NO your dealer would not produce that truck with a quickness when the shipper has it. Your dealer has ZERO control over what the shipper does or how fast they get it to you. Once Ford releases it, Ford nor the dealer has any control whether you like it or not. But... great post.
Yours are always helpful here as well. Witty and respectful too.

My point was is there are examples on this forum where the dealer has picked up a customer's truck from a shipping yard when delayed. And in this example, his truck is only 20 miles away. But regardless, a customer shouldn't have to wait 18 weeks for a 10 week process. I'm not saying it's the dealer's fault for the delay. It obviously isn't. But I am also unconvinced this dealer is doing everything they can to take care of the OP. Not to mention the fact that the shipping of the truck isn't a non-profit ministry. The OP, like every other truck buyer, has paid on order of just under $1,600 for that service. And it's not unreasonable to demand commensurate service for one's money.

Finally, trucks are just trucks. They're a commodity, not a unicorn. Produce my truck in a reasonable amount of time, or I walk. And I don't care whose fault it is. There's another truck right around the corner. And if more truck buyers voted with their feet, I'm fairly certain Ford might have a discussion with their shippers. At the end of the day, it's Ford that looks bad. And that cannot be delegated away, regardless of what the Ford apologists say.

OP, best of luck in getting your truck.

Old 03-19-2019, 08:11 AM
camping nut
Tuned
Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by JJgrames
I ordered Jan 4 it was built 1-24 and it's still sitting at the factory. The tracking website says it will arrive April 1. Maybe they lost my key fob too
I also ordered Jan 4 and has been sitting in a rail yard 3 hours from here for 2 weeks.

Old 03-19-2019, 08:21 AM
Bohojo
Senior User
Thanks for the replies everyone. I had to vent! Lol!

The truck has been sitting 20-25 miles away for a month.

My dealer and salesman (Earnest McCartey) has been great. They have been frustrated as well. They thought the truck would have been delivered on 3/1.

However, I’m the one that found out United Road has the truck. I started emailing them, and after a week or so they told me about the missing key fob.
Then, yesterday I informed the dealer.

The dealer says says they can replace and reprogram the fob themselves, they just need the truck.
United Road says “Ford” won’t let them deliver the truck until the fob is replaced. Chicken and egg right?

Ford has to send someone out to the loading ramp to do it according to United.

My dealer as of yesterday is supposedly in contact with Ford regional managers etc... to try and resolve this.

United said they would deliver the truck the same or next day after the fob is replaced.

To me, the simplest solution would be to ship the truck to the dealer and let them fix it, or have the dealer go to the ramp and fix it there.

Either way, the dealer is supposed to call me later this morning with an update.

I do question this though.... I’m the one that found out the status from United. My dealer says they have had no luck communicating with United (United wouldn’t return emails, calls etc...) yet... I got through to them.

The Ford Tracker still shows tomorrow 3/20 as the est delivery date. Weeks ago, it showed 2/26.

Im hoping for good news today showing progress. I would think between Ford, United and my dealer that a solution could be worked out to expedite delivery.

Thanks again all!

Old 03-19-2019, 12:16 PM
Turbo Dog
Cargo Master
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Good luck...sounds like you're stuck in corporate heaven.

Old 03-19-2019, 04:30 PM
19rubyrower
Freshman User
This whole situation is horrible! I work for a VW Dealership and, we work with the rail yard that is local. They have lost keys, brought car to us on a flatbed. Ordered and programmed keys. Returned to yard on flat bed. That is VW's process!
Hopefully you get your truck soon!?

MK

Old 03-19-2019, 04:38 PM
Bohojo
Senior User
“Stuck in corporate heaven” exactly! Lol!

Update... spoke with my salesman today.
He said that regional managers and even someone with Ford corporate is now involved.
Waiting for final confirmation tomorrow, but the plan in the works is to have the truck delivered to the dealership, and they will replace and reprogram the key fobs at the dealership. (Logical solution).

I did did look at the shopford web tracker this AM and it moved from eta 1 Day to eta 22 days.

This afternoon, it went back to 1 day.

The guy at United said as soon as he gets the OK from Ford, he would have the truck delivered same day or next day.

Fingers crossed... 🙄🙄🙄😉😉👍👍😜😜

Old 03-19-2019, 09:19 PM
Bohojo
Senior User
Well, as stated in my previous post, the dealer said this afternoon we should know something about what’s going on tomorrow morning.

Dealer called me back again about 2.5 hours later and asked if I wanted to take delivery tonight! 👍👍👍👍👍

hooray! She’s on the lot. Key fob reprogrammed. (Second fob on order) Weatherguard extra wide saddle box already installed.

I told them THANK YOU, but go home... I’ll pick it up tomorrow mid morning. They offered, but I said thanks, but no need for the detail guys to work late... just leave it outside where I can come see it tonight. Lol!

Anyway, the wait is over... I’m taking delivery tomorrow morning.

Ill get get some pics ASAP cause I know the “Forum Rules”....
No pics means it isn’t real! Haha! 👍👍👍😂😂😂😂

thanks everyone!

Quick Reply: Still no truck...