Notices

Rear air bag suspension

Old 03-16-2019, 11:04 AM
Jerri Sater Murren
New User
Jerri Sater Murren is starting off with a positive reputation.
Rear air bag suspension

I recently purchased a new horse trailer. It's really squating the rear end of my 2008 f250 v10. I know there are kits but was told there are bags that I can manually install and add/reduce air bags with air compressor. I have no idea where to start or what I am actually looking for. Any help would be appreciated. Wanting something I can install myself.

Old 03-16-2019, 06:57 PM
jsm180
Posting Guru
jsm180 has a very good reputation on FTE.jsm180 has a very good reputation on FTE.jsm180 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Everything you want know right here.

https://riderite.com/

Old 03-16-2019, 07:51 PM
Slowpoke Slim
Posting Guru
Slowpoke Slim has a great reputation on FTE.Slowpoke Slim has a great reputation on FTE.Slowpoke Slim has a great reputation on FTE.Slowpoke Slim has a great reputation on FTE.Slowpoke Slim has a great reputation on FTE.
I have the Firestone bags. I'm happy with them.

Old 03-17-2019, 12:12 PM
Edd505
Junior User
Edd505 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Edd505 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by Slowpoke Slim View Post
I have the Firestone bags. I'm happy with them.
Another Firestone guy. They do not increase load but they do level the ride.
Amazon Amazon

Old 03-17-2019, 04:27 PM
kgburns
Senior User
kgburns is starting off with a positive reputation.
The F350 I inherited was used by my uncle to haul a gooseneck horse trailer, 3 slant with living quarters. The horse trailers axles are located so far to the rear that they really loaded down the pin weight. He installed an air lift system on it to level the truck out and they're still in there and going strong after more than ten years.
I haven't had any experience with Firestone bags, but I can attest to the Airlift.

Old 03-20-2019, 07:57 PM
ssunit1
Elder User
ssunit1 has a good reputation on FTE.ssunit1 has a good reputation on FTE.
I’ve used Timbrens and Firestone bags in my F 250. Both held truck and trailer level and although “they” say the unloaded ride is smoother with the bags I didn’t really notice a difference.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.