Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Egr delete kit Opinion

Old 04-14-2019, 07:53 AM
Bohen
Senior User
Bohen has a good reputation on FTE.Bohen has a good reputation on FTE.Bohen has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by UP_There View Post
You remove it from the DPF, and re-use it on your EGR plate where the egt sensor will go.

Yep.
Thank you Sir👍

Old 04-14-2019, 09:47 AM
tradosaurus
Senior User
tradosaurus is starting off with a positive reputation.
Personally I would recommend taking your truck to a reputable diesel performance shop, dropping off the equipment you bought, and let them install and tune your truck.
The shop near me does these installs frequently and the $600 labor was a piece of mind for me.

Old 04-15-2019, 09:14 AM
Chuck-B
Elder User
Chuck-B is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Chuck-B is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I learn something new here every day - Ford makes an EGR delete kit? Is this "plug and play" or you need to have the truck tuned?

Old 04-15-2019, 11:15 AM
RIPbiker13
Senior User
RIPbiker13 has a very good reputation on FTE.RIPbiker13 has a very good reputation on FTE.RIPbiker13 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Chuck-B View Post
I learn something new here every day - Ford makes an EGR delete kit? Is this "plug and play" or you need to have the truck tuned?
No matter what you do, the truck needs to be "tuned" in that it will not check for the EGR valves. Also, no EGR would mean the DPF will clog even faster and kill the engine if you didn't remove it.

To add real quick, the dealer diesel tech told me it isn't the EGR or the DPF that kills the engine, it's the temps the engine gets up to during the regen cycle that does the damage.

Old 04-15-2019, 08:29 PM
Overkill2
Elder User
Overkill2 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by 2011350diesel View Post
Has anyone seen the Ford oem egr delete? has anyone used this? BC3Z 9P449 A67
Dude, I have been all over that site every which way but loose and I can't find that kit.

Old 04-16-2019, 04:34 AM
2011350diesel
New User
2011350diesel is starting off with a positive reputation.
When I had done a google image search I saw the ford delete.Didn't realize that they even made one , soo... wad curious to see if anyone had heard of this or maybe had even used one

Old 04-16-2019, 05:03 AM
Bohen
Senior User
Bohen has a good reputation on FTE.Bohen has a good reputation on FTE.Bohen has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Overkill2 View Post
Dude, I have been all over that site every which way but loose and I can't find that kit.
fleabay sells one but it's for the 11-14 : /

Old 04-16-2019, 08:14 AM
dirthawg
Elder User
dirthawg has a good reputation on FTE.dirthawg has a good reputation on FTE.dirthawg has a good reputation on FTE.
I wonder if this is the same kit? Not much info on it.

https://parts.autonationfordwhitebea...IFJlc3VsdHM%3D

Old 04-16-2019, 09:02 AM
Overkill2
Elder User
Overkill2 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by Bohen View Post
fleabay sells one but it's for the 11-14 : /
Not in the market now, just curious though.

Originally Posted by dirthawg View Post
I wonder if this is the same kit? Not much info on it.

https://parts.autonationfordwhitebea...IFJlc3VsdHM%3D
Yeah I saw that too. Just no pic kinda s*cks.

Old 04-16-2019, 09:22 AM
RIPbiker13
Senior User
RIPbiker13 has a very good reputation on FTE.RIPbiker13 has a very good reputation on FTE.RIPbiker13 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Is it possible that that kit is some sick b**tard's idea of a prank?

Old 04-16-2019, 03:03 PM
doczenith1
Senior User
doczenith1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by RIPbiker13 View Post
To add real quick, the dealer diesel tech told me it isn't the EGR or the DPF that kills the engine, it's the temps the engine gets up to during the regen cycle that does the damage.
Hmmmm, I don't think the added fuel during a regen ignites until it's past the turbo and in the exhaust stream. There should be no reason for the engine to get warmer during a regen. I'm not a diesel expert but that's my understanding of how the regen works.

My buddy did my EGR delete. I'm not sure what probe this is but I'm certain it didn't come from the DPF.

After the delete my EGT11 (post turbo) and EGT12 are static at 122 degrees and EGT13 and 14 are static at 842. Is this because of the custom tune? And that would explain why you need an aftermarket probe to get EGT's after a delete?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: