Egr delete kit Opinion - Page 2 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Egr delete kit Opinion

Old 03-20-2019, 08:08 PM
UP_There
Post Fiend
UP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud of
Hopefully this doesn't offend you, but for something as critical as deleting your truck...….I think you need to quit thinking about saving a buck on ebay, and buy direct from well known distributors. The money you'll save, will equal HUGE headaches later. I went with FLOPRO exhaust.

Old 03-20-2019, 08:30 PM
2009kr
Posting Guru
2009kr is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Are you just removing (or bypassing) the EGR and keeping the DPF?

Old 03-20-2019, 10:14 PM
Bohen
Senior User
Bohen has a good reputation on FTE.Bohen has a good reputation on FTE.Bohen has a good reputation on FTE.
I am removing the EGR completely And remove the DPF also . There was a kit from a Shop that offered a package that had a racepipe to take the place of the DPF But keep everything else factory on the exhaust.

Old 03-20-2019, 10:15 PM
Bohen
Senior User
Bohen has a good reputation on FTE.Bohen has a good reputation on FTE.Bohen has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by UP_There View Post
Hopefully this doesn't offend you, but for something as critical as deleting your truck....I think you need to quit thinking about saving a buck on ebay, and buy direct from well known distributors. The money you'll save, will equal HUGE headaches later. I went with FLOPRO exhaust.
No offense taken This is why I'm asking questions so they can do this the right way my concern is by going with a 5" straight exhaust the drone and overbearing sound I want to be able to have a conversation with my wife well for the most part.. And with the pipe that replaces the DPF was an option other members have done which is most likely the Avenue I'm going to go with I just wanna go down the right way

Old 03-20-2019, 10:51 PM
UP_There
Post Fiend
UP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud of
Thoroughbred Diesel has pretty much any exhaust configuration you'll need.
In my opinion, theres no performance benefit to having the larger 5" exhaust. Factory pipe is 4", and will work great.

Old 03-20-2019, 11:29 PM
Bohen
Senior User
Originally Posted by UP_There View Post
Thoroughbred Diesel has pretty much any exhaust configuration you'll need.
In my opinion, theres no performance benefit to having the larger 5" exhaust. Factory pipe is 4", and will work great.
thank you for your advice with this .

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: