Mobil-1/Delvac Rebate - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Mobil-1/Delvac Rebate

Old 03-15-2019, 07:26 AM
TxMav
Senior User
TxMav is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Mobil-1/Delvac Rebate

If anybody's interested in using Mobil-1/Delvac oil products, there is a rebate going on now thru the end of the year. If you use it, be sure to by from the list of approved retailers. Not all retailers qualify.

https://www.mobil.com/en/mobil-delva...ff-mobildelvac

Old 03-15-2019, 10:22 AM
coolfeet
Elder User
coolfeet is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by TxMav View Post
If anybody's interested in using Mobil-1/Delvac oil products, there is a rebate going on now thru the end of the year. If you use it, be sure to by from the list of approved retailers. Not all retailers qualify.

https://www.mobil.com/en/mobil-delva...ff-mobildelvac
I have tried this twice and it seems like Mobile will never pay! I purchased through Advance Auto Parts online. Scanned and uploaded the receipts per their requests. These rebates take more time than it's worth. And if they do pay, it's months down the road.

Thanks for posting this. I am looking at my hard copy receipt showing 4 gallons of Mobil-1Delvac oil. Time to resubmit.

I think it's the rebate companies. They are scam artists like telemarketers in reverse. They will do everything possible to not give money to you.

Old 03-15-2019, 10:31 AM
TooManyToys.
Post Fiend
TooManyToys. has much to be proud ofTooManyToys. has much to be proud ofTooManyToys. has much to be proud ofTooManyToys. has much to be proud ofTooManyToys. has much to be proud ofTooManyToys. has much to be proud ofTooManyToys. has much to be proud ofTooManyToys. has much to be proud ofTooManyToys. has much to be proud of
I'm "in process" since last year for $48.00.

Old 03-15-2019, 10:33 AM
coolfeet
Elder User
Originally Posted by TooManyToys. View Post
I'm "in process" since last year for $48.00.
Don't take me wrong on this, but with people over 50, I think rebate processors hope we die of old age before we receive the rebate!

I have a lot of patience. I had d!ckhead Lt. that was in charge of evidence processing team. He berated me every at every meeting. Tried to get me to quit by calling me a rookie and incapable of processing crime scenes. He would not let me work solo because I forgot to mark a bullet casing found in a parking lot after half dozen vehicles got shot up. I had a senior police officer helping me and he forgot too! Too much excitement. I figured I would **** him off more by not quitting and outlasting him. He retired a year ago.

I think I will keep at this stupid rebate even if it's for a lousy $48 bucks!

Old 03-15-2019, 10:46 AM
coolfeet
Elder User

Ahh-found 3 in the process! $96 waiting for me. Two $24 and one $48 rebate!

I think I will order more. One rebate is from last March. Evidently, the rebate company did not start processing 2018 until January 2019. More people dead not having to claim their savings. Or they just gave up or forgot. Not me. Not Jack!

Old 03-15-2019, 10:51 AM
TooManyToys.
Post Fiend
TooManyToys. has much to be proud ofTooManyToys. has much to be proud ofTooManyToys. has much to be proud ofTooManyToys. has much to be proud ofTooManyToys. has much to be proud ofTooManyToys. has much to be proud ofTooManyToys. has much to be proud ofTooManyToys. has much to be proud ofTooManyToys. has much to be proud of
6 to 8 weeks processing after Jan 1 would have been a good thing to tell the customers.

Old 03-15-2019, 11:41 AM
TxMav
Senior User
TxMav is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Sorry guys...It worked for me last year so I just bought some more. Thought I'd try to spread the wealth.

Old 03-15-2019, 11:52 AM
TooManyToys.
Post Fiend
Mike,

No apologies - you did good, I might buy some more. You were not aware of the problems delaying the rebate and neither was I.

Old 03-15-2019, 12:39 PM
LOOnatic
Elder User
LOOnatic is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Mobil initially lost my info and said i was SOL.
After multiple long holds on the phone and emails resubmitting saved receipt and saved confirmation email i am still waiting.
I love Mobil lubricants but their stingy rebates not so much.

Old 03-15-2019, 12:45 PM
diesel_dan
Post Fiend
diesel_dan has much to be proud ofdiesel_dan has much to be proud ofdiesel_dan has much to be proud ofdiesel_dan has much to be proud ofdiesel_dan has much to be proud ofdiesel_dan has much to be proud ofdiesel_dan has much to be proud ofdiesel_dan has much to be proud of
I'm with coolfeet and Jack -- I bought 4 gallons last year, from a listed vendor, submitted my claim and got a rebate for one of the gallons, submitted again and got a second gallon rebate. Mobil is the only place I've had this problem with. Shell and Chevron: easy-peasy...

But do appreciate it when folks find these deals and post them up!

Scott

Old 03-15-2019, 12:49 PM
coolfeet
Elder User
I really appreciate you publishing the link. I totally forgot about the rebate. $96!!! I can almost fill my tank with that!

Old 03-15-2019, 04:14 PM
jsm180
Posting Guru
jsm180 has a very good reputation on FTE.jsm180 has a very good reputation on FTE.jsm180 has a very good reputation on FTE.
I bought 2 5 gal buckets 1st of Dec, $120, and still showing pending. 2 years ago it went through fast, not this time. Still pretty good oil though.

Old 03-17-2019, 02:03 PM
HT32BSX115
Postmaster
HT32BSX115 has a great reputation on FTE.HT32BSX115 has a great reputation on FTE.HT32BSX115 has a great reputation on FTE.HT32BSX115 has a great reputation on FTE.HT32BSX115 has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by coolfeet View Post
I have tried this twice and it seems like Mobile will never pay! I purchased through Advance Auto Parts online. Scanned and uploaded the receipts per their requests. These rebates take more time than it's worth. And if they do pay, it's months down the road.
Yes, and when you "sign-up" giving them your email address, postal address, and home phone number, they add you to SPAM lists for the rest of your life filling all 3 of your mail boxes!! (email, post, and phone)

Also, unless it's been added, it doesn't appear that Delvac-1 ESP 5W-40 is on Ford's current list as of NOV 2018 (although DELVAC-1 0W-40 is)
https://www.fcsdchemicalsandlubrican...SSM2C171F1.pdf

https://www.fcsdchemicalsandlubrican...0Statement.pdf

I looked through the list and so many of the most popular (Valvoline, Rotella, Mobil etc) 10W-30, 5W-40 and 15W-40 oils are "covered" and available at Wal-Mart, Autozone, Napa, etc it's just not worth screwing around with mail-in rebates waiting for 6months or more to save $40 when you can buy the other oils for close to or in some cases lower than the after-rebate price for Delvac!

YMMV

Cheers,

Rick

Old 03-18-2019, 02:29 PM
jsm180
Posting Guru
jsm180 has a very good reputation on FTE.jsm180 has a very good reputation on FTE.jsm180 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Got my $120 rebate check today, took just over 3 months. Current rebate is now down to $40 for 5 gal.

Old 03-20-2019, 12:26 PM
coolfeet
Elder User
Cashed my first $24 rebate from Mobil! I have 3 more to go into the pipeline. Sweet!

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.