Bench seat rebuild - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1961 - 1966 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Slick Sixties Ford Truck

Bench seat rebuild

Old 03-15-2019, 03:07 AM
JimScott
Freshman User
JimScott is starting off with a positive reputation.
Bench seat rebuild

The time has come to rebuild my seat. The cover is shot and I've been sitting on the foam, which has several chunks missing. I'm having a hard time finding the factory molded foam to replace it. Does anyone know where I can find it? LMC only has a generic pad to put on top of the original foam. Thanks for the help!

Old 03-15-2019, 08:14 AM
shipwrecked
Junior User
shipwrecked is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I rebuilt my bench seat with foam purchased at Joann Fabric. Wasn't cheap. I don't drive my truck right now because I've been rebuilding it- but the foam has been on the seat for a few years and it is comfortable.
I used the 3" high density foam... you will find long sheets of it in the back of the store at like 30$ a yard. I also used some wool material and other things to cover all of that. I made a youtube about it- materials cost and all. I do not make money off my youtube- cause all I'm doing is documenting my build.

To the best of my knowledge no one makes a seat foam kit for our trucks.

Old 03-15-2019, 08:17 AM
JimScott
Freshman User
JimScott is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by shipwrecked View Post
I rebuilt my bench seat with foam purchased at Joann Fabric. Wasn't cheap. I don't drive my truck right now because I've been rebuilding it- but the foam has been on the seat for a few years and it is comfortable.
I used the 3" high density foam... you will find long sheets of it in the back of the store at like 30$ a yard. I also used some wool material and other things to cover all of that. I made a youtube about it- materials cost and all. I do not make money off my youtube- cause all I'm doing is documenting my build.
http://youtu.be/EdG0LSmEsXc

To the best of my knowledge no one makes a seat foam kit for our trucks.
Awesome, thanks!

Old 03-15-2019, 08:20 AM
6t6merc
Posting Guru
6t6merc is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.6t6merc is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
My local foam guy has a selection of densities and can order what he doesn't have. He told me to bring to him the old foam - or exactly half of it - and he could match it for density and size. He also offered to cut it for me. He said the right side of the seat foam usually has retained the correct contours and he can measure and match it, then do mirror-image carving on the left side. Have you got a foam shop close by?
I have heard that there is a supplier of ready-cut seat foam close to me (maybe Wa state) but I'm leery of shipping costs and quality.
Eric

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.