Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > 2017+ Super Duty
Reload this Page >

7-Yr Absence - Traded-In my '15 Denali 6.2L !

Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

7-Yr Absence - Traded-In my '15 Denali 6.2L !

Old 03-14-2019, 08:34 PM
pickncrew
Senior User
pickncrew is starting off with a positive reputation.
Smile 7-Yr Absence - Traded-In my '15 Denali 6.2L !

I was surprised to see it had been 7-years since I logged onto FTE, until two months ago after I traded my fully optioned 2015 Denali 6.2L/8-Spd for a plain-Jane 2017 F250 XLT SD w/18k miles. The new one doesn't have many options but I'm still impressed with this truck and truth-be-told, I don't miss all the fancy stuff. Only regret is not getting one with Sync3 but I'll have to upgrade at some point. Of course I already added some extras: oem rubber floor mats, oem mud guards, front side window tint, HR LED headlamps and license lamps, front grill and rear LED marker lamps, shorter front valence. Never thought I'd say it but it's good to be back in a FORD... they did a good job with these trucks + it's assembled in the US, unlike the one I traded in. I plan to keep this one for a while, despite having had a '15 GMC Denali, '11 GMC diesel dually & '15 Tacoma Sport (new) within the last 4-years.
​​​​​​

Old 03-14-2019, 09:04 PM
HST
Senior User
HST is starting off with a positive reputation.
Nice. You will love it!

Old 03-14-2019, 09:06 PM
HRTKD
Post Fiend
HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.
That's an interesting transition from high optioned vehicle to low optioned vehicle. There are a couple of creature comforts in my Lariat that I don't think I would want to be without.

How does the ride compare?

Old 03-14-2019, 09:29 PM
pickncrew
Senior User
Originally Posted by HRTKD View Post
That's an interesting transition from high optioned vehicle to low optioned vehicle. There are a couple of creature comforts in my Lariat that I don't think I would want to be without.

How does the ride compare?
I like the ride better! The GMC had magnetic ride shock system and handled great in the corners, have to slow down now but the SD rides nice, smoother on 18" wheels vice 22" and it has much better brakes. The SD does not turn as tight as the GMC, course it's a foot or so longer but takes more turns of the wheel.

Old 03-14-2019, 09:37 PM
HRTKD
Post Fiend
HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.
If you didn't get the camper package then you don't have a rear sway bar. That can really make a difference in the corners.

Old 03-15-2019, 12:45 PM
95snake
New User
95snake is starting off with a positive reputation.
Nice truck, but that black color is hard to keep looking that nice!

Old 03-15-2019, 01:38 PM
flanneljunkie
Senior User
flanneljunkie is starting off with a positive reputation.
Nice trade. Interesting running boards. I saw them pictured on another thread. Definitely not OEM, but look very clean and OEM like.

Old 03-15-2019, 02:15 PM
Tricon
Postmaster
Tricon has a good reputation on FTE.Tricon has a good reputation on FTE.Tricon has a good reputation on FTE.
How was it going from that GM 6.2L to the Ford 6.7L, massive upgrade in torque. If I had to choose between the farkles and the power, I'd always go the route you went.

Old 03-15-2019, 04:43 PM
skyak
Senior User
skyak is starting off with a positive reputation.
If you use an iphone I highly recommend the Alpine 107 HU for wireless navigation / multimedia / etc.

Old 03-15-2019, 04:58 PM
TCNashville
Senior User
TCNashville is starting off with a positive reputation.
Beautiful truck and welcome to the black truck club.

Old 03-15-2019, 05:44 PM
Ian123
Posting Guru
Ian123 has a very good reputation on FTE.Ian123 has a very good reputation on FTE.Ian123 has a very good reputation on FTE.
I don't blame you for having to downgrade on trim level. The prices for a Ford Lariat are absolutely insane. One of many reasons I have a GMC now, but there are things I miss about having a Super Duty...Congrats on the new ride

Old 03-15-2019, 08:05 PM
pickncrew
Senior User
Originally Posted by Tricon View Post
How was it going from that GM 6.2L to the Ford 6.7L, massive upgrade in torque. If I had to choose between the farkles and the power, I'd always go the route you went.
The 6.2L is a nice engine and more of a race truck but love the torque that comes on like a freight train!

Old 03-15-2019, 08:06 PM
pickncrew
Senior User
Originally Posted by skyak View Post
If you use an iphone I highly recommend the Alpine 107 HU for wireless navigation / multimedia / etc.
I do... love Apple Car Play... had it in a rental car recently. Thanks for the recommendation...

Old 03-15-2019, 08:07 PM
pickncrew
Senior User
Originally Posted by TCNashville View Post
Beautiful truck and welcome to the black truck club.
Thank you!

Old 03-15-2019, 09:17 PM
govols60
New User
govols60 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Welcome back to the Blue Oval !!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.