Notices

Jumping tight turns and growling when accelerating

Old 03-14-2019, 10:35 AM
Rose Sauer
New User
Rose Sauer is starting off with a positive reputation.
Jumping tight turns and growling when accelerating

I have a 2002 Ford Expedition awd. It jumps during tight turns in drive and reverse. It also vibrates and growls when I accelerate. Sometimes it vibrates and growls when i am cruising too. When im holding speed, it is sometimes constand, sometimes intermittent. I've had the passenger u-joint, wheel bearings, front diff all changed trying to stop this. I also got a set of brand new tires all around. Its almost like the rear tires are engaged when I'm supposed to be in 2wd. It switched to 4x4H and 4x4L just fine. It would be fine if this happened in 4x4 because I have been told that is normal. But this is happebing in awd and its not normal. I'm desperate and my husband is frustrated that we are spending so much on my baby and the problem isn't fixed.

Old 03-14-2019, 12:32 PM
projectSHO89
Post Fiend
projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.
It's normal for the rear tires to be engaged, in 2WD, that's how it's supposed to work. It's the front drive axle that's switched in and out for 4WD.

Take it to a shop who specializes in Ford 4WD so they can check to see if your front wheels are staying engaged when they are not supposed to.

Old 03-17-2019, 12:03 PM
Conanski
Post Fiend
Conanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant future
Sounds like an issue I have seen with AWD Subarus when the center differential dries out, a good driveline shop should be able to sort this out. How many miles on this truck?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.