64 Styleside Bed Bolts - Correct size / diameter - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1961 - 1966 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Slick Sixties Ford Truck

64 Styleside Bed Bolts - Correct size / diameter

Old 03-14-2019, 01:34 AM
1964FORDTUF
Elder User
1964FORDTUF is starting off with a positive reputation.
64 Styleside Bed Bolts - Correct size / diameter

Hey all -
What is the correct size carriage bolt for the styleside bed? 7/16 Diameter? 1/2 Diameter?
Thanks in advance -

Old 03-14-2019, 01:58 AM
Christmas
Senior User
Christmas is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Christmas is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Do you have bolts already? Carriage bolts from the hardware store are to soft and will break. LMC has them for $20 for the bolt kit and $8 for the insulator pads

Old 03-14-2019, 07:19 AM
skidoorulz
Elder User
skidoorulz is starting off with a positive reputation.
I believe they are 1/2 inch. I got mine at the Ace Hardware in in the bolt section. My Ace has a huge chrome bolt assortment and that is what I used.

Old 03-14-2019, 01:25 PM
1964FORDTUF
Elder User
1964FORDTUF is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by skidoorulz View Post
I believe they are 1/2 inch. I got mine at the Ace Hardware in in the bolt section. My Ace has a huge chrome bolt assortment and that is what I used.
Thanks, I just wanted to be sure because CRS is creeping in and I need to order some extra long ones to transport a bed I got out in AZ. I
I'm bolting it to a cradle I had made to move the bed around while re-furbing it off the truck and Im offshore gathering fun tickets right now.

Hows the ride man? Been enjoying that beauty or what? Every time I see it, I still think its one of the best ever.

Take care -

Old 03-14-2019, 05:31 PM
6t6merc
Posting Guru
6t6merc is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.6t6merc is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Well, mine were 7/16 UNC and surprisingly hard to find. I bought a bunch of high-quality examples at the local fastener store and cut them to length as required.
Eric

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.