Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > 2017+ Super Duty
Reload this Page >

I don't like Painted Bumpers ..

Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I don't like Painted Bumpers ..

Old 03-15-2019, 12:22 PM
BocaIvan
Junior User
BocaIvan is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by MBaldo View Post
Would you happen to know what material they used on your clear bra? My installer indicated he will have to cut out around the letters. It's getting installed tomorrow.
I would get a second opinion... I would think they can go over the letters.
Not going over them will leave you open for the film to peel back or more importantly, trap dirt on the edges which will be a massive pain to keep clean.

Old 03-15-2019, 09:23 PM
MBaldo
Junior User
MBaldo is starting off with a positive reputation.

Got it done today.
Clear Bra on Hood, Fender Flares, Headlights, Bottom Panel, & Rear Bottom Panel
Ceramic Coating on all

Old 03-16-2019, 12:40 PM
cficare
Posting Guru
cficare has a good reputation on FTE.cficare has a good reputation on FTE.
Hey, don't forget to protect those huge headlight assemblies. I applied the WeatherTech LampGard covers to mine. Hefty clear material and they're nearly invisible after installation.
https://www.weathertech.com/ford/201...-550/lampgard/

EDIT TO ADD: The LampGard kit comes with enough material to wrap around the tops and sides. To make installation easier, I trimmed mine back to provide frontal protection only. This material measured 0.037" thick.

Old 03-16-2019, 12:47 PM
F250inPA
New User
F250inPA is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by XPEL View Post
It's not too late. You could get the existing ones touched up and then protected with clear bra to prevent even more. You'll get the protection you want but you'll be surprised at how much easier the film is to clean than your paint. Bug guts, bird droppings, etc will come off much easier.
I purchased the ford touch paint for the truck and did some nick repair yesterday. on a white truck it is amazing how much better the bumper looks
after using just the touch up primer. night and day. if the weather in the northeast could just stay nice for a week I will definitely get the clear bra applied.

Old 03-16-2019, 01:59 PM
MBaldo
Junior User
MBaldo is starting off with a positive reputation.

Back from two days at the spa ... lol. She had a aloe wrap (clear bra) and a skin polish (ceramic coating)
😎😎😎

Old 03-16-2019, 03:10 PM
Big_T
New User
Big_T is starting off with a positive reputation.
Chrome is the way to go if your actually going to using your truck for hauling and towing, if your the once a month Costco shopper and take it to Sonic America's drive in get painted....

Old 03-18-2019, 03:17 PM
XPEL
SPONSOR
XPEL is starting off with a positive reputation.
Awesome

Originally Posted by F250inPA View Post
I purchased the ford touch paint for the truck and did some nick repair yesterday. on a white truck it is amazing how much better the bumper looks
after using just the touch up primer. night and day. if the weather in the northeast could just stay nice for a week I will definitely get the clear bra applied.
That's awesome! Now's your chance to get it protected. Some shops offer loaner cars so you could always drop off your truck and use their loaner car while you wait the day to get it done so you're not out a vehicle completely.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.