I don't like Painted Bumpers .. - Page 2 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > 2017+ Super Duty
Reload this Page >

I don't like Painted Bumpers ..

Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

I don't like Painted Bumpers ..

Old 03-12-2019, 11:41 AM
kswrmk
Freshman User
kswrmk is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by smokewagun View Post
Iím a chrome guy. Ford still doesnít have enough on their trucks. 😳
I couldn't agree more.

Old 03-12-2019, 01:36 PM
BK39
Senior User
BK39 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I'm having my front bumper painted right now due to rock chips. I was shocked at how many it had considering the truck only has 13,000 miles. I'll be looking in to a protective film before it hits the highway again.

Old 03-12-2019, 01:42 PM
Blwnsmoke
Posting Guru
Blwnsmoke is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Blwnsmoke is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by stufarmer View Post

This is what my Ft Bumper now looks like after a quick trip from Tampa to Houston and back. I could never find the time to get a Clear Bra applied, now I have the added expense of having it repainted before getting the Clear Bra done .. I'm so frik'n happy ..

I learned very quickly on my 07 Harley f250 that painted bumpers needed a clear bra installed immediately. Did it right this time.

5 years later with plowing and it looks brand new.

Old 03-12-2019, 01:50 PM
TeddyD
Senior User
TeddyD is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by linekin View Post
Címon guys, theyíre trucks! I donít care what they cost, itís still a truck! Thatís right, some of you donít use them as such... my bad.
I beat the living **** out of my trucks and this on is a Limited. I tow my 14,000lb camper 1100miles one way and back 5 times in the summer. I tow a 10,000lb cargo trailer for most of the winter. This is also a work truck carrying survey equipment in the northern Canadian oil field. I drive down cut lines in the forest, ice roads, gravel roads, mud covered roads and long highway trips just to get to work. There is nothing wrong with wanting my truck to have that new feeling for more than a couple months.

Old 03-12-2019, 02:50 PM
Jointasset
Senior User
Jointasset has a good reputation on FTE.Jointasset has a good reputation on FTE.Jointasset has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by FastTaurusSHO View Post

I also drove my truck from the dealer to the clear bra place, on the feeder road about 10 miles. Truck had less than 20 miles on it when the bra was put on. Thanks for making me feel better about my choices, hope you get yours all fixed up soon!
How did they do the clear bra over the letters in ďSuper DutyĒ on the hood since they are indented?

Old 03-12-2019, 03:06 PM
Platinum One
New User
Platinum One is starting off with a positive reputation.
Can they match the Platinum White color with the bra, or do you have to paint and then do a clear bra?

Old 03-12-2019, 03:17 PM
Tricon
Postmaster
Tricon has a good reputation on FTE.Tricon has a good reputation on FTE.Tricon has a good reputation on FTE.
Just get it vinyl wrapped in your color. Vinyl is soft enough that it will never chip, it'll protect your current paint, and it'll be a hell of a lot cheaper than painting it and THEN wrapping it in clear.

Old 03-12-2019, 03:49 PM
BigBoysToys
New User
BigBoysToys is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Jointasset View Post

How did they do the clear bra over the letters in ďSuper DutyĒ on the hood since they are indented?
They don't. The clear bra is cut out around the letters.

Old 03-12-2019, 03:57 PM
BigBoysToys
New User
BigBoysToys is starting off with a positive reputation.

Old 03-12-2019, 04:14 PM
cficare
Posting Guru
cficare has a good reputation on FTE.cficare has a good reputation on FTE.
No chips in my painted bumper ...yet.​​​​​​​

No chips in my painted bumper ...yet.

Old 03-12-2019, 04:42 PM
Ricohman
Posting Guru
Ricohman has a good reputation on FTE.Ricohman has a good reputation on FTE.
This is why I always get chrome. Simple and cheap.
And I like chrome so that helps!

Old 03-12-2019, 04:43 PM
toymaster
Elder User
toymaster is starting off with a positive reputation.
Yep those painted bumpers don't like deer either....

Old 03-12-2019, 06:05 PM
rewillia
Senior User
rewillia is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by BigBoysToys View Post
They don't. The clear bra is cut out around the letters.
All depends upon your installer and the clear bra material quality, ie on mine they made the clear bra cover and seal inside the super duty stamped in the hood.

Old 03-12-2019, 06:10 PM
Brent376
New User
Brent376 is starting off with a positive reputation.
[QUOTE=kenners;18535446]I do NOT like painted bumpers for the same reason. I'm wanting to purchase a new 2019 F350 4X4 CC LB. Looking at Blue Jeans or possibly Agate Black. They do not make the Limited in Blue Jeans and the highest option to get chrome bumpers is King Ranch. Preference would be the seats in the Limited. I'll have to sit in seats in Limited/Platinum and King Ranch and make a decision.[/QUOTE

I have agate black Lariat with chrome bumpers. We could trade

Old 03-12-2019, 06:57 PM
Wes Hightower
Senior User
Wes Hightower is starting off with a positive reputation.
I took a rock almost immediately on my painted bumper. I'm real particular about my vehicles and don't use the SD as a work truck so any blemishes really **** me off. I took a small rock in the windshield last week with under 6K miles on it. It's only a small 3/8" knick so I think it can be fixed easily. I like painted bumpers but admit I'm a chrome ***** especially on my bikes.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.