64 Fuel Tank Removal - Page 2 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1961 - 1966 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Slick Sixties Ford Truck

64 Fuel Tank Removal

 
  #16  
Old 03-12-2019, 10:14 PM
Murk Man's Avatar
Murk Man
Murk Man is offline
New User
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Kamloops BC
Posts: 3
Murk Man is starting off with a positive reputation.
63 Tank Resealed

Hi I'm new to the Forum I just resealed the gas tank on m 1963 Mercury 4x4 last November . It had sat at least 7 years when i got it . Pulled it out , removed seat first though . Lots of muck and stuff , drained and resealed it with a 4 step kit , hard part was letting it sit for 4 days to let the curing process complete . Drained all Fuel lines , Cleaned Fuel Pump , Carb. New Fuel Filter too . Reinstalled went for a drive .
 
  #17  
Old 03-12-2019, 10:23 PM
resonateur's Avatar
resonateur
resonateur is offline
Posting Guru
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,000
resonateur is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.resonateur is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Mearntain....where are you located? I have an original tank in excellent condition, that you could have for a song.....assuming that you’ve got good pitch...
 
  #18  
Old 03-13-2019, 05:06 AM
Mearntain's Avatar
Mearntain
Mearntain is offline
Junior User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 54
Mearntain is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by resonateur View Post
Mearntain....where are you located? I have an original tank in excellent condition, that you could have for a song.....assuming that you’ve got good pitch...
I'm in northeastern NC near the VA border. I've always thought I had a decent pitch, but others may not agree Haha
 
  #19  
Old 03-13-2019, 11:49 PM
resonateur's Avatar
resonateur
resonateur is offline
Posting Guru
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,000
resonateur is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.resonateur is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Oy....too far to cheap ship....!
 
  #20  
Old 03-14-2019, 07:47 AM
Crop Duster's Avatar
Crop Duster
Crop Duster is offline
Posting Guru
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Tri Cities, TN
Posts: 1,097
Crop Duster is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Just cruise down to Charlotte and pick one up at Carpenters or NPD. Take your check book though because their show rooms will make you want a lot more than you went to get.
 
  #21  
Old 03-14-2019, 09:53 AM
Mearntain's Avatar
Mearntain
Mearntain is offline
Junior User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 54
Mearntain is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Crop Duster View Post
Just cruise down to Charlotte and pick one up at Carpenters or NPD. Take your check book though because their show rooms will make you want a lot more than you went to get.
NO! I WILL NOT DRIVE TO THE SHOW ROOM! haha I've got a bad enough time just shopping online.

Actually went to order the tank from NPD last night for about 250. That turned into "may as well spend 300 so I can get free shipping". Then before I knew it, the total was then at 500 with all the little extras I got too. And that's just online... I could only imagine how bad I'd splurge if I was there in person ha.
 
  #22  
Old 03-14-2019, 10:00 AM
408stroke&broke
408stroke&broke is offline
New User
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 12
408stroke&broke is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hi there. I have a brand new gas tank for my 63 flareside F100 I installed and used for maybe 6 months. I am now doing a new tank relocation to the rear if you want mine. If you got rust in your existing one its really not worth cleaning it out. The pickup tube is probably rusting out and you will have trouble sucking fuel out of it (like a hole in your straw). I will take $100 plus the ride (probably $35). Interested? It will come with the whole float assembly and all. Let me know. I am in South Florida. You can call me at 954-801-7309
 
  #23  
Old 03-14-2019, 10:18 AM
Mearntain's Avatar
Mearntain
Mearntain is offline
Junior User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 54
Mearntain is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by 408stroke&broke View Post
Hi there. I have a brand new gas tank for my 63 flareside F100 I installed and used for maybe 6 months. I am now doing a new tank relocation to the rear if you want mine. If you got rust in your existing one its really not worth cleaning it out. The pickup tube is probably rusting out and you will have trouble sucking fuel out of it (like a hole in your straw). I will take $100 plus the ride (probably $35). Interested? It will come with the whole float assembly and all. Let me know. I am in South Florida. You can call me at 954-801-7309
I definitely appreciate the offer, but I actually just ordered one late last night and I'm sure it's too late to cancel the order now, or I wouldve much rather got the one off you. Thanks again. On a side note, not sure if you saw it or not, but I did reply to your PM but figured I'd reply here too.
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.