5R110W Specialty Tools - Page 2 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

5R110W Specialty Tools

Old 03-13-2019, 10:16 PM
87crewdually
Post Fiend
87crewdually is a splendid one to behold87crewdually is a splendid one to behold87crewdually is a splendid one to behold87crewdually is a splendid one to behold87crewdually is a splendid one to behold87crewdually is a splendid one to behold87crewdually is a splendid one to behold87crewdually is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by TooManyToys. View Post
I think I won't be doing a poll about this........
Thank-you. Atleast not until May. I have a trip in April with the 5er.

Old 03-13-2019, 10:25 PM
SmackDaddy
Posting Guru
SmackDaddy has a great reputation on FTE.SmackDaddy has a great reputation on FTE.SmackDaddy has a great reputation on FTE.SmackDaddy has a great reputation on FTE.SmackDaddy has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by FL SuperDuty View Post
have you found a good set of instructions for rebuilding the tranny? i was looking at buying a kit with new clutches and billet input shaft ... in the $1000 range compared to a $5k tranny. but ive never torn into a transmission ..
Watch Hiram Gutierrez on Youtube (thanks Pete) and read that ATSG manual I linked. People are pretty tight lipped about this transmission voodoo. I’m not doing the rebuild now, I decided to drive my truck like it is until next year then buy a built transmission from RevMax. This engine rebuild is a big enough project. I have been driving this truck with the bigger injectors, turbo, intake, Atlas40 and Gearhead custom tow tune for 11,000 miles with no issues so I’ll keep driving it like that after the rebuild. Once I get the upgraded tranny I’ll run my performance tunes.

Old 03-13-2019, 11:00 PM
FL SuperDuty
Senior User
FL SuperDuty is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by 87crewdually View Post
If you find a great deal on a quality "kit" please share. This is always in the back of mind.
Ford Power Stroke 5R110 Competition Transmission Kit

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.