Looking to buy truckcamper - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1961 - 1966 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Slick Sixties Ford Truck

Looking to buy truckcamper

Old 03-11-2019, 01:48 AM
Fordcamp
New User
Fordcamp is starting off with a positive reputation.
Looking to buy truckcamper

Thank you for looking. I am looking to buy a 1960 to 74 Ford F100 -F350 Chassis Mount Camper truck. Pops getting old and I want to spend time, he use to camp and fish a lot, any help , much thanks, anywhere on the east side that will drive back to Georgia will work. Thank you so much, Please email me, if you know of or see one for sale, thanks for looking for us. Regards Dave G
[email protected] *something like the picture, (chevy or dodge or caddy might work, but were ford guys)

Old 03-13-2019, 05:38 PM
gcooter
Junior User
gcooter is starting off with a positive reputation.

I hope that you can find one. I have a 1964 with the built on camper that I really enjoy. My son has the 1949 Chevy he uses to pull a 1962 Shasta camper around. We like to do the Vintage style of camping. There are several groups around here that have get to gethers for the vintage stuff. The truck has a few nods to it. I replaced the single wheel rear axle with a dually axle off a 1985 F350 and updated the motor and transmission with a 460 EFI and ZF5 five speed manual transmission with overdrive.out of a 1989 F250.

Good luck on your search.

Old 03-13-2019, 05:48 PM
Fordcamp
New User
Sweet, the yellow makes it pop, and I really like its a 64?, where is around here, as I can not read your license plate state. Well you understand when I'm looking for, many have never see. If I can have you keep an eye peeled, I really really thank you. I've noticed when I had some thing that there are few of, people that own them or seen then come out of the wood works. Thank you so much Dave G

Old 03-13-2019, 10:01 PM
Christmas
Senior User
Christmas is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Christmas is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Sweet camper love the color. Is that Fords Chrome Yellow? I want to paint my 65 a yellow white 2 tone. 66-67 Broncos used that combo.

Old 03-13-2019, 10:37 PM
gcooter
Junior User
gcooter is starting off with a positive reputation.
The interior of the truck was painted yellow from the factory. I tried to match the paint and the closest color the paint guys could come up with was some type of a Volkswagon Double Yellow.

Original yellow color on the interior of the truck.

Old 03-13-2019, 11:00 PM
Christmas
Senior User
Christmas is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Christmas is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Chrome Yellow was color code G. What does your door tag say for color?

Old 03-13-2019, 11:03 PM
Fordcamp
New User
Christmas, message him, I started this thread to find a Chassis mount camper. Thanks

Old 03-13-2019, 11:12 PM
Christmas
Senior User
Not trying to hijack your thread. No one would have ever seen one of these if you had not started the conversation. Thank you for doing so.

Old 03-13-2019, 11:14 PM
Fordcamp
New User
Its kool, but if you search there are a few threads here, only very old.

Old 03-14-2019, 04:01 PM
Fordcamp
New User
Wow, I think an admin posted to me right after my orig post, mentioned to call him, and friend down the street has one, call him.. no number, I send to messages, nothing.. Now he removed his post...wtf, at least reply.. and not leve a guy hanging waiting for you..

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.